Would you rather date someone predictable or someone unpredicatable?

What do you think about each?
  • Predictable
    Vote A
  • Unpredictable
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Bump

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Predictable, it's easier to trust predictable people. Unpredictability could cause your future with them to be unstable or even dangerous depending on the person. Is predictability boring? Maybe. Predictability can be boring if you don't do new things together and do stuff to make life a bit more interesting. Though it's a lot better than having to learn your partner quit their job today jusst cause when they were the breadwinner or their income helped to support both of your lifestyles, a person cheating on you just cause, or a person leaving or divorcing you just cause. All of these things could makes significant changes to your life and not in a good way. It's better to know them but to have some nice positive small suprises here and there.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger I preferred someone who is more unpredictable bc I think it's more fun to hang out with them, they might be giving more surprises. But now I m like I want someone more stable. Won't do shit too much out of my expectations.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Predictable. I can't stand another one of me. Wanting to go shopping for naked smoothies at two o' clock in the morning, waking up and then spontaneously deciding that is a good idea. No thank you. I lead a very unpredictable life. I need stability in mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do whqt you want date what you want, at the end you will be happy or sad... you only will be heart broken or living happily

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't answer this because I would like to have both. I think that at certain times, its good to be predictable and other times, I would like some surprises lol that'll make thinks fun rofl. Even tho i am kinda unpredictable, i think that it'll be better to have someone balance that out. a lot of people tell me that I am sooooo random which I don't understand sometimes but whatever rofl

1|0
    0|0
  • Predictable, but not too much. I don't want to be with a total wildcard than betray me or buy me flowers. I want someone with a strong character, but also that can surprise me positively.

1|0
    0|0
  • Predictable...

It would probably make me feel more secure in our relationship. I would know what she likes and dislikes, what makes her happy, what she responds well to, etc.

Being a bit bored with her from time to time is a small price to pay in order to be able to trust and feel safe with her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd have to say I need someone slightly more predictable because I am so freaking crazy. I can't handle be in a relationship with another one of me. 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • PREDICTABLE.
    GOOD POINT: Stability.
    BAD POINT: Potential to grow routine and boring.
    UNPREDICTABLE.
    GOOD POINT:Spontaneity and the power to surprise.
    BAD POINT: Potential to be unstable, even dangerous.

Personally, I prefer Predictable. I like boring, peace, and quiet.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really don't mind people who are predictable, but it's nice to be able to be wrong about someone sometimes (and let's be frank, that includes when you've had to be honest with yourself about their shortcomings too) and have them surprise you.

1|0
    0|0
  • For casual dating, unpredicatable. More spontaneous and fun.
    For a relationship, Predictable, with an ability to be unpredictable on occasions.

3|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have a good balance of both but if I really had to choose, then I would go with predictable because stability is slightly is important to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Oh, you just decided to start heroin over the weekend, wasn't expecting that honey!"

3|2
    0|0
  • While unpredictable may seem fun and exciting the person needs to be dependable to. Far to often your find you can't rely on unpredictable people.

So predictable with a free spirit is the way to go.

2|0
    0|0
  • Where's the fun when someone is predictable... relationship should be full of suprises (good ofc), spontaneous, fun.. i mean yeah it should be serious ofcourse but i dont want to know your every move and every little thing that would get boring at some point..

0|0
    0|0
  • I myself am very unpredictable and i would like to date someone predictable otherwise if both of us are unpredictable life would be hell.

2|0
    0|0
  • A little of both. I like having some routines (I see them every Tuesday, we eat at the same place on Fridays etc etc) but I also love surprises and things like that as well.

2|0
    0|0
  • Everyday would be an amazing adventure! I wouldn't like a predictable boring relationship, would you?

0|0
    0|0
  • why have someone predictable though? I dont quite understand why people would want someone predictable,..

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm unpredictable so erm, probably both moving slightly towards unpredictable but having predictable days too...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a really good friend who is absolutely unpredictable 😅 but I know that I can trust her and when you know this, it's absolutely awesome 😍😍😍

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to be surprised constantly, else it gets boring. If he's predictable, I might just predict everything and not actually do something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose predictable. Although both predictable and unpredictable have pros and cons, unpredictable seems to have more cons between the two.

0|0
    0|0
  • The unpredictable can cause suspense and unneeded drama over something that was negligible yet unknown

0|0
    0|0
  • Unpredictable but I mean in their personality not their traits I dont want someone who seems nice but is an evil bitch - unpredictable is nice because you're always trying to figure them out

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a little bit of spice.
    A little bit of adventure.
    I'm aware of the risks,
    I still prefer unpredictability 😏

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm curious to know how different the poll might look if the question was "Would you rather date someone who is dependable or someone who is flaky?"

0|0
    0|0
  • This is way to General I clicked unpredictable but I meant it in a good sense not negative

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind
    It like with movies, some like movies where you can predict what will happen next and how it ends other people prefer a movie with a twist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you need to be more specific about what 'unpredictable' means... Do I want to date someone who flies to Uruguay to get a tribal tattoo on his forehead and comes back with a pet baboon? No

0|0
    0|0
    • That's spontaneous! Lol jk

• Predictable. Unpredictable might have mental issues

1|0
    0|0
  • No one is just one thing, that only happens in movies. if you find that you can be neatly pigeonholed, you need to explore life a little more and find you before dating anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rather someone predictable I can rely on than someone who changes his mood every few minutes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Predictable. I don't like surprises - they give me anxiety. I like knowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody can settle down with a loose cannon. Dates for me is what I use to find a relationship. Unpredictable is just a good time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Predictable. But the good kind.

I've dated a gal super unpredictable before... It sucked. She had ADHD... You never knew what she would do

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as predictable does not mean complacent in life

0|0
    0|0
  • Unpredictable, if i knew is every move is going to make it'll be kinda boring 😩

1|0
    0|0
  • A mixture of both. To predictable and the relationship is boring and to unpredictable and the relationship is insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Predictable would be too boring. I'd prefer unpredictable.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both. I want her to be on time, but fun in her own way

1|0
    0|0
  • Predictable but spontaneous and willing to be unpredictable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unpredictable because that person may give you surprised so your relationship ain't be really bored

0|0
    0|1
  • Predictable because both of us can't be unpredictable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm unpredictable so I don't think a relationship with another unpredictable would work.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as the crazy doesn't go off the rails too far, then I'm in

0|0
    0|0
  • If I can predict what happens to you means that I can protect you also even be there for you because i know who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither is really all that desirable.

1|0
    0|0
    • Really, what do you want

• A mixture of both. Specifically predictable in their nature but spontaneous in personality.

• More predictable than unpredictable. I'd rather it not be bad unpredictable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather date someone unpredictable than predictable! There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of spontaneity, because their unpredictability doesn’t need to be the bad kind! I find someone who is spontaneous a lot more interesting and in fact, quite romantic! Having someone predictable can be quite boring and not very special if you know everything they’re gonna do. Plus, if the bad things they do are also predictable, then it means you’ve given them too many chances to be expecting that :(

0|0
    0|0
  • predictable

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes