I want a boyfriend?

I want a boyfriend but no one seems to be interested in me, I'm 18 and everytime I mention wanting a boyfriend everyone always says ur only 18 u have ur whole life ahead of u or its just not the right time it will happen went it happens, like why is is so bad to want a boyfriend, why is it so bad to be wanting attention like that, I feel like im ugly or unwanted all the time cos no one seems to be interested, I'm not even talking to anyone, how do I get a boyfriend?

515

Most Helpful Guy

• It's totally normal to want a boyfriend. I'll give you the same advice I give to guys who want a girlfriend. Just start saying "Hello" to people. If you don't know their name, then ask. If you have a reputation as a shy girl, people will notice the change but they will be happy about it.

Young guys are shy too, They may think "Wow, Ali is so cute." but they don't ask you out because they assume you don't want to be bothered. If you open up and start talking they will find you much more approachable. Good luck.

• Yeah, I'm shy and not a young guy. Don't be afraid to just talk, and don't expect anything other than that.. Just start talking and let the chips fall where they may. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh I remember those days. It seemed as though everyone had someone but me and I really wanted what they had.
    I met my now husband at 20- had known him all our lives.
    So it's true, your time will come but for now I suggest getting out there.
    Ask friends to hook you up with guys see where that takes you.