I want a boyfriend?

I want a boyfriend but no one seems to be interested in me, I'm 18 and everytime I mention wanting a boyfriend everyone always says ur only 18 u have ur whole life ahead of u or its just not the right time it will happen went it happens, like why is is so bad to want a boyfriend, why is it so bad to be wanting attention like that, I feel like im ugly or unwanted all the time cos no one seems to be interested, I'm not even talking to anyone, how do I get a boyfriend?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's totally normal to want a boyfriend. I'll give you the same advice I give to guys who want a girlfriend. Just start saying "Hello" to people. If you don't know their name, then ask. If you have a reputation as a shy girl, people will notice the change but they will be happy about it.

Young guys are shy too, They may think "Wow, Ali is so cute." but they don't ask you out because they assume you don't want to be bothered. If you open up and start talking they will find you much more approachable. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I'm shy and not a young guy. Don't be afraid to just talk, and don't expect anything other than that.. Just start talking and let the chips fall where they may. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh I remember those days. It seemed as though everyone had someone but me and I really wanted what they had.
    I met my now husband at 20- had known him all our lives.
    So it's true, your time will come but for now I suggest getting out there.
    Ask friends to hook you up with guys see where that takes you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I understand what you mean. You gotta look at it this way: Don't make it your like mission in life right now per say as you do have things to get settled around this age of life BUT it's also not stupid to want to be in a relationship. Just about EVERYONE wants to be in one so don't let people tell you otherwise. You just don't want to force or rush one cause then you might risk getting a BAD one which is worse than none cause you'll be taken and not finding a good guy for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you want a boyfriend because you want to be validated? Or do you want a relationship because you like a guy? If you like a person, then go talk with them and go from there. If you just want a boyfriend for the sake of having one, then I'm pretty sure you'll lose interest shortly after starting the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Same as you actually I haven’t had a girlfriend in years and I am way too shy to get one

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I'm also very shy so it's hard for me to talk to people especially guys who I find attractive, I'm scared of rejection so I just stay quiet

• Show All
    • by the way I think you’re attractive af and I promise you there are guys you know that already like you.

• @alibean We're just as afraid of rejection as you all are, trust me. And many of us can be just as shy. Don't be afraid to talk to cute guys.

• You look beautiful. Not ugly at all. Think better of yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 18, don't worry someone will come

1|0
    0|0
  • Start meeting a lot of. new people onpine or in person...
    You will certainly find someone intrested in you!😊

Best of luck
    Have a nice day😊

0|0
    0|0
  • And want a girlfriend and everyone says you're only 22, you got a whole lot of time. They just don't understand the frustration behind. I feel exactly like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps focus on it for a while, try to go on a date with some people you meet through whatever or just go out and start conversations with people who seem cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry you will get someone.
    Just trust in yourself and be confident to talk to guys you like no one can ignore you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will find someone who loves you when you least expect it

0|0
    0|0
  • You can send me a picture so I can tell you how you look if you want

0|0
    2|0
  • U look very pretty in ur profile pic. I’m sure u will find one soon

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally feel you

2|0
    0|0
  • well, find one !

0|0
    0|0
  • they miss out you are real pretty

0|1
    0|0
  • You want one... go get one.

0|0
    0|0
    • The one I want doesn't want me back

• Show All
    • Yeah ik but I can't talk to guys I like in way to shy

• Chances are your issue is you think you need to talk to them differently than anyone else.
      Just be cool. Practice on ok looking guys. That will build your confidence

• U can get so many here if u really want one

0|0
    2|0
  • I do too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes