Good guy in disguise?

My boyfriend is the total package, he's a country guy and is from a small town. He drives an hour to see me, pays for my meals, walks to the door to get me, keeps the convo going, is pretty shy (not really anymore) Supports me whenever I'm down (especially while bowling, cause I keep getting gutter balls? But there's a couple of things that bother me, he was telling me that he feels bad about hunting deer, and such. But he almost threw a rock at a bird when we were on a hike he said "Will you give me 10 dollars if I hit this bird" And I told him no not to do it. He threw the rock but it didn't hit the bird, and he was saying how he feeds the barn cats and he picks them up by the tails and threw them? He has a dog (farm dog) who he always brings food too, but is this just a guy thing? He is so sweet to his family, always puts them first. He does have a little of a temper to him. He hunts and fishes. He carries a pocket knife with him cause he says "you'll never know when you need it for self defense
He was raised in a small town. Has a full time job and farms. He has a good relationship with his friends, and his family. He does get stoned quite often. But is this something I should worry about?
He hasn't pressured me into sex either, it took us 2 months to even kiss.
He even asked me if it was okay.

03