He's giving me mixed signals! Does this guy like me or not?

I met Steven in December, after I had just gotten out of a serious relationship and was pretty devastated. Steven had just gotten out of a three year relationship, but we were both attracted to each other and decided to give things a try.

After about about two months of dating and spending many nights together, I realized I was not ready to date and at the same time, realized he definitely was not over his ex, even though I could tell he really liked me.

The middle of April, he messaged me out of the blue, said he was in a better place, and said after I left him he was depressed for a while. I was in a better place myself, so I agreed to try things out again.

The first evening we met up again, he was very flirty with me, but I was a bit hesitant and told him I didn't want to rush into anything and that I wanted to be friends first. He got upset and said that's not what he wanted, but ultimately agreed to be friends.

After spending time together after a few weeks, I realized I do have strong feelings for him now. More so than ever before.

One evening, we got really touchy/feely but he kept saying he didn't want anything to happen, but there was major sexual tension going on. We ended up hooking up, which only made things worse.

A few days after, I told him I wanted to make things work again, but he told me he wanted to just be friends. I was devastated because, frankly, I thought we were pretty much already dating.

He always wants to spend alone time with me (not even hooking up), he texts and makes plans all the time, he gets jealous when I talk to other guys, he's always touching me and trying to make me laugh. He says things like this all the time, "if we date, what are we going to do differently this time?" But then nothing ever happens. All the signs that he likes me are there. And he *constantly* tries to make me jealous by talking about other girls to see my reaction.

It's like he's super confused or something. It's like we're dating but not?

01