What are signs someone is reliable?

I’m for some reasons having trouble trusting my partner.

I go go back and forth. When I’m with him in person I feel like I could easily trust him. He seems genuine and my gut just feels safe and he’s reliable. But then sometimes I feel like he’s not.

I haven’t acted on it and the things I felt doubt about, he had explained to me. I felt trust again.

we’ve been together for 8 months but recently we had heated up fights and we broke it off. He didn’t communicate well. Which is why we didn’t. Now we’ve been together for two months again and we both have been communicating lik mature adults. We are happy! I’m simply scared that this will happen again.
Updates:
Isn’t it possible to build it while in a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• U gotta put people in tests sometimes. See if they can really be trusted and reliable. It seems child but if ur looking for someone to marry, dont fuck around and just hope they're up to tough times in life.

0|0
    0|0
    • Truthfully 🤔 testing someone sounds like a bad idea 😅

But out of curiosity, how do you test someone on that?

• Actually disregard that question. I don’t want to know cause it would only make me dishonest in my part too.

• I dont know u guys well enough to know a believable situation. Sorry. You'll habe to think of it urself. But its gotta be something that would be life changing

Most Helpful Girl

• If you dont trust your partner, you have to move on. Relationships are about trust

0|1
    0|0
    • Can’t you build it while in a relationship though?

• As I understand, you already trusted this man. But he failed. You tried to regain that trust but you can't. Because there is just somehing in you heart that won't let you do that. And you have to trust yourself, listen to your heart. When relationship doesn't have trust it will always have problems.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Trust is a keystone to a relationship without it there is no relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • Isn’t it possible to build it while in a relationship?

• No that happens in the dating part trust is the bare minimum from the start u are not meant to question weather your partner is good for u or trust worthy

• Men speak on average 900 words a day where women speak on average 9000. Expect less communication. I've spent years not talking to my friends and just picked it back up when I showed up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it's usualy like this: he either changed and wants to show that to you, he hasn't changed but stikk wants you, or he could be cheating. It's a difficult question without knowing him enough

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can work on it. People grow n change together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is there a reason why not to trust him? Look at the person's behaviour and see if he is reliable on everyday things. Notice them then you can make your own jugement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have to agree with everyone else. If you can't trust him consistently then it's probably best to move on at this point.

Although is there anything in particular that you don't trust him with?

0|0
    0|0
    • there's this female friend he’s had since high school. She has this major anxiety and depression which is why I haven’t met her at all. I’ve met his family though and friends. He completely trusts me and wants me to move in. But when we broke up he admitted that he went to see her at her house.

He told me what went on.

But what troubles me was that he saw her without telling me. He said he initially tried to make it seem like it was fun but truthfully both were upset. He was upset with me and she was just upset in general. And also, he deviously avoided communicating.

I told him I feared being lied to and just being cheated on. He assured me she was just a friend he’s had since high school and she truly does have depression and anxiety. She reaches out to him at random times and she’s unpredictable l he also told me that if I wanted, he’s be happy to just take me to her house and just show up. I told him no though cause she clearly didn’t want to meet me.

I guess th problem here

• Show All
    • I believe him but I just have this fear I guess or something deep down that I can’t pin point

• 😅I’m open to any input you have in that

• First off if you loved your partner you wouldn't be going with him back and fourth you would be with him period.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty easy... He has to at least be able to put up 2 plates on the bench... If not... pass...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes