Is he playing a game with me?

So I’ve known this guy for 3 years now. The first year he showed signs that he liked me. We texted frequently and he took me on a movie date (nothing physical happened).
During the second year we didn’t meet up often cause I was in a relationship. But he would randomly hit me up asking how I am and if I want to hang out. At most we would get lunch and continued to text on and off. It’s usuall every 5 months we meet up. Whenever we text the conversation is always random and it’s never about deep personal stuff. He also never compliments me or flirts so I thought he was being friendly except he always insists on paying when we eat.
And now our third year knowing each other we got physically intimate. I spent the night at his place and we still texted infrequently afterwards. He still doesn’t flirt or complement me and completely ignored what happened between us. He’s disappeared again and I don't know when I’ll hear from him again.

01