Why are ladies so disinterested in dating a divorced father with custody of his children?

I have had full custody of my 2 sons for the last 14+ years. I focused on my sons upbringing for the last 12 years, only very intermittent (blind dates) during those years. Now my sons are teenagers, and looking to start dating again. However, when a lady finds out my children are teens, they seem to lose interest in dating me. Why?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• They lose interest because they would have to share your affection, the kids could be difficult even if they are teenagers, teenagers can be worse, they also share your time and money, and if the woman wants kids she wants the kids she has with you to be shared equally, not with you spending some time with them and some time with the others. Why do you assume the ages of the kids or the fact they are boys comes into it? Lots of women will not date guys who have kids and are single parents, whether the kids are young or old girls or boys. http://www.webclairvoyant.com

Most Helpful Guy

• Teens often resent their parent's new partners. I'm not surprised that some women just don't want to be in that situation. Even if you find a single woman with teenagers of her own, blending families of teenagers can be really difficult. But I have seen it done very successfully. I know a couple who married when each one of them had two teenage daughters. They all got along wonderfully well.

• If you are trying to date younger childless women, I would ask you why they would pick you instead of starting fresh with a childless man?

• I am setting an age range of 4 years younger to 4 years older. And preferably with children.