Why doesn't a girl I like like me?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I asked a girl if she would like to make out with me. She told me that for now, she only sees me as a friend. But, even though she says that, she's giving me signals of her liking me... like that she wants to kiss me and stuff. I'm really confused, I'm actually a really nice guy and I always show respect towards others. She always tells me she doesn't have any friends besides me, and tends to annoy people that come close to me. When people from her school tell her stuff that hurt her feelings, I always be the one making her happy again. I searched some websites with the same question as here, "why doesn't she like me?". But I always end up on websites that tell me "the spark isn't there". I mean... I am flirty and flirt with her very often, she also does that to me. I also tell her some sexual jokes sometimes, so thats not really the point. I'm 16 years old and she is 14. The only thing I can think of being a problem for her, is that she's too young and doesn't want to think about dating guys yet but wants to keep me as a friend for now, but I'm not a psychologist or something. So what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• WEll I see this a lot. YOUR TO NICE!!! Woman need a man to be dominate not respectful. As for her only wanting to be your freind well she needs to keep you and is worried that if things dont work out she will lose you.
    She probably does like you but is defending herself first. I say work with her to get her freinds. Then she will be open more to dating. Also give her time and confidence. Flatter her and compiment her.

Be nice but not to nice and a rug. Women need to be protected if your not confident enough to stand up to her then she can't see you protecting her. Women need a mans strong arms to cuddle in.

As for romance honestly it might be that she is not old enough yet to seriously get a crush. She is probably still going through puberty.

Be her freind and in time you will probably be her date. Just not now.

0|1
    0|0
    • Maybe you're right. Though, I do protect her. She gets a lot of comments that offend her from people that do not accept her how she is. Mostly I tell her I wanna have a chat with those people, she just doesn't want me to for some reason. About the age, I thought the same, just needed someone to tell me the same. She's still in puberty, always insecure about herself, I compliment her so she feels better. I'll follow your advice, I'll help her to get her some more friends. And in time I may be her date.

• Show All
    • In what way? Like goth?
      Though often people just don't accept others.

• No. After they make an offensive comment about her, she just replies with stuff nobody there gets except for her. And after that they're all gonna laugh about what she said. For example: She likes playing games, they make a weird comment about her and she replies with that she's gonna send an in game character to beat them up. I've also been like this at her age, at that time I've been getting offensive comments about it too. Not that it's a bad quality, as I said I like her just being herself. But maybe it's just another sign of her mentally still growing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she isn't sure you really want to date with her maybe she thinks that you just joke

0|1
    0|0
    • Nope, she told me she liked me as a friend. Even though she wants to kiss me, hug me and keeps teasing me. I'm really confused by what she wants.

• Do what you want and see what happen

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you give her too much attention, you're not a challenge for her and she doesn't need to invest any effort towards you. And it's the investment she puts in, that will make her hooked to you.
    Make yourself unavailable sometimes. If you're too available, it means no effort, no investment, no growing feelings from her part.
    Else, you can choose to always be around until she falls for some other dude.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly could be the age... but think about this. You said you're her only friend. You start dating, and as people your ahe often do, you break up after a few months. Now she has no friends. I'd be scared in her shoes.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea, you're probably right. I just gotta be her friend by now and help her to get some more friends. And maybe when she gets older, she's gotten even more friends. Now I just gotta be there for her.

• How about asking her out rather than straight up asking to make out? Makes you seem interested in the act, not her.

0|1
    0|0
    • True, it's just that she's still a bit too young. She has to ask her parents first and most likely they will not let her be alone with a 16 year old guy.

• This conversation just got very interesting. And the plot thickens. lol. So he's Arab? And I'm guessing you're Asian? I don't know much about his culture but I know little about the Asian culture which explains why you're 30-35 and still a virgin :) How old is this guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if she wants to kiss and stiff then what's the problem? Are you sure she wants to?

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes, she told me. It makes me confused about what she really wants. Maybe she's just not ready? I don't know.

• *stuff, I meant. I dunno, I mean if she wants to then I don't get what the problem is but if you're not getting what you want from her, you're under no obligation to stick around obviously.

• You might be hitting the friendzone list. Don't give her attention all the time. Maybe talk to other girls too and see how she reacts. You might be to easy for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have been put firnly in the friendzone, you can never escape that dreaded place! Try hitting on her friend, that might make her jealous enough to reconsider

0|0
    0|1
  • I think you are thinking too much. Most girls do that in school days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meet more people.

0|1
    0|0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes