What is the purpose of a hickey?

A guy during making out started kissing my neck and gave me a hickey. It felt a bit like he was showing me what he could do if he was licking me out. (We haven't done that yet) Is that why guys give hickeys?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• You're reading WAY more into this that you need to. The only reason he was licking your neck is because he wanted to turn you on. Where on earth did you get the ideal that that's how he eats a woman out. It's a simple gesture with a simply answer. You keep reading this much into simple things you guys won't be together for long.

Most Helpful Girl

• The view I have of hickeys is that they're a symbol of trust if willingly done. When someone is vulnerable with you, leaving a small mark of affection gives you both a whole new level of intimacy. I personally love giving/receiving them. ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ