What is the purpose of a hickey?

A guy during making out started kissing my neck and gave me a hickey. It felt a bit like he was showing me what he could do if he was licking me out. (We haven't done that yet) Is that why guys give hickeys?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're reading WAY more into this that you need to. The only reason he was licking your neck is because he wanted to turn you on. Where on earth did you get the ideal that that's how he eats a woman out. It's a simple gesture with a simply answer. You keep reading this much into simple things you guys won't be together for long.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The view I have of hickeys is that they're a symbol of trust if willingly done. When someone is vulnerable with you, leaving a small mark of affection gives you both a whole new level of intimacy. I personally love giving/receiving them. ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Personally, I like hickeys.
    It's hot in the moment, feels great and it's a way of "marking" your partner. It's like you cannot control yourself.

But, be mindful of visual places and if the person has to do something the next days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fun, don't realise they've done it, property staking. Not really for showing skill ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the neck is an erogenous zone for many women & men, and giving a hickey is just from excess stimulation.

0|0
    0|0
  • There isnโ€™t one really. Other than perhaps marking oneโ€™s territory.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually don't like them. I view them as a sign of ownership.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I think he just got too into it, or he wanna show off that you are his so others stay away :v

0|0
    0|0
  • To mark you as his

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more of an ownership thing

0|0
    0|0
  • It is to mark sexual territory.

0|0
    0|0
  • For fun