Third date with shy guy but he's dominant? Not sure if I'm too shallow or if he'd passive?

Okay so I went on two dates with this guy.
He's great! He's kind, he's a libra.
He can do a bit of grooming on himself but he's not horrible.
However he's super shy around me...
He's told me many times he thinks I'm attractive and recently told me he likes to be around me and likes me.

However he's super nerdy...
Shy and quiet as well.
You can tell he's not very sociable sometimes but he can do it. He's just not out there like I am with putting up conversations with strangers.

Not saying nerdy is bad because I am a bit nerdy too.
He pays for my food, plans dates and replies too all my text. We have a date coming up and we haven't kissed or held hands yet. He hasn't initiated anything because we'll... He's shy.

Am I being shallow? Or is this how passive guys really are? I'm inexperienced in dating and I haven't dated around with different personalities. Past guy I dated for 2 months was dominant/sociable. So this is a different.
  • You're being way too shallow
  • He seems passive but not too bad
  • Yeah he's too passive
    Vote C

29

Most Helpful Guy

• So what's the question? You didn't even state whether you liked him or not, or that you're not interested because of something about him.

But no, it's not shallow, we all have different things we find attractive. It's not shallow to not date someone you don't find attractive, it's just logical.

• I like him to go on a third date with him. However he's passive/awkward. Also he could use a bit of grooming.

• I can't say specifically how he will feel, but I wouldn't mind myself. Try and do it jokingly and he may get the hint but not get hurt - if it is something he would get hurt about (can't tell myself).
      I would say he should be okay with it, but then again i'm not sure who he is so it's up to you to decide.

• I wouldn't do it until we are like serious and dating for a few months. I'm not his girlfriend now so I don't want to demand him to do anything yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• too passive

• Ok so I'm not shallow then. Is there anyway to change that? When I told him I didn't think he liked me on the dates be said sorry he didn't mean to be so cold and he'll show me next time.

• probably not, sorry.