Is it still possible to date offline nowadays?

I am single for a year. I don't want to meet someone through a dating app. I want for the guy to come to me and ask for my number or something like that. I don't know if that is realistic.
Is it still possible to date offline nowadays?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No, because they are going to look you UP on tinder/badoo/(insert any dating app)
    Vote B
  • No, you should download this app.
    Vote C
  • Yes but only if _____
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men are tired of women wanting them to always make the first move. If that's what you're expecting, dating is going to be tricky, especially offline.

I don't know how things are in the Netherlands but where I'm from, people don't really approach strangers in public just to ask for a number. It's a lot easier online because you don't have to physically be in the situation and you can escape from the embarrassment of rejection with a click of a button.

I'm not saying that it's completely unrealistic that someone would come and ask for your number in public. It can happen. I just think it's unlikely.

1|1
    0|0
    • Interesting, I talk to a Portuguese girl and she seems to have a lot of guys approach her. Maybe it's less common in Finland and to some extent, England.

• @Levin Certainly. The stereotype of the men in Southern Europe is that they're extremely "aggressive" when it comes to approaching women. In Finland, on the other hand, it's frowned upon to approach people you don't know in public because that's seen as more or less harassing them and invading their personal space.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does HOW you meet matter? The mist important thing is that you meet someone who is right for you.

6|8
    0|0
    • That is indeed the mist important thing.

• Show All
    • @jflames Some people are in a position where they do not meet many eligible members of the opposite sex and online dating facilitates the process. If you meet a guy online and he has no confidence, that will be apparent when you meet him.

• Yeah I agree with that statement. Most of my partners I've met almost in an accedental situation.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Many girls nowadays would turn a stranger down just for the fact that he is a stranger. This lead guys to stop approaching girls. So if girls can be more accepting and open to talk to strangers in real life, offline dating will Be possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally dating happen coz of offline meet if you really are interested then why not go talk to your friends maybe they know some guy from their friends who might peek your interest and they can then drop some hints for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Love as we know is about trust, honesty, loyalty and being trustful so it's has got nothing to do with being online or offline if only both parties believe d good ways of what their relationship is really about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like dating apps force density, I personally think it's okay to meet new people on these platforms but something else will come along if you dont

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I met my girlfriend purely through chance at a party organized by a mutual friend at a club and we just hit it off and then I was too shy to make any moves that night so I begged her like a bastard for a week to get her friend to come to a movie or something so I could see her again and finally worked up the courage to ask her out. And another week to work up the courage to kiss her.
    I'd been single for even longer than you before that too by the way, before her I haven't dated since high school so at least two years. And even I high school, I dated like two girls and not very long, I was a nerd, I still am.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's tough nowadays. Guys prefer dating apps now-a-days. People open up slowly and sometimes have the fear that the gal is already taken. Only through apps guys can ask numbers, then you people can know each other well

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is possible, however guys and girls are so shy these days. I really don't see it happening much and I think it is just a sign of the times. Dating apps have changed so much about social interactions. Guys just don't approach girls like that. Really they never wanted that pressure. They just did because there was no dating app to hide behind. I think you need to be more willing to approach guys/make yourself available for them to approach. It needs to be the most convenient thing for him to approach. You must be alone, can't be on the phone. You much have an approachable demeanor.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's possible but you're more likely to find someone on a dating app. Unless you're onto much older men.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is but you don't always know their intentions I just find dating app you know their looking for a relationship and you can get their online personality first which is nice for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is! I believe the convenience of the internet mixed with the comfort of social media has made online dating more difficult.. There's so many choices and not enough mystery.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible.. Shoo, once I wanna date seriously.. That's what I'mma do cause Online is so shallow, and silly.. At least people my age and under..

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible but may not happen. Approaching a woman, especially one you don't know, takes courage that many don't have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Easy to date offline if that's what you want but in saying that you have to go out there and try to help the cause lol pubs and clubs might find someone but also be careful because I'm sure there's a lot of sleezes in the mix and u have to go with your gut feeling too.. Take iniative and strike up a conversation with a potential suiter too don't be afraid to take the lead cause a lot of guys are nerverse in coming up to a random stranger and being made a fool in getting blown away.. It will take a lot of time or maybe the right is already known but u both haven't realised it just yet.. Just be yourself and don't rush.. You will get what u want of u keep the door open and don't look like ur ready to shut down anyone who says hello

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is possible. You need to go to the right places and engage in the proper activities! Join a club or attend a meet up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course. Go out and meet people. Find a new hobby. Friends introduce new people. This is how it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is realistic. If you dont like dating apps than just don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way to meet someone is go to pubs and clubs, join local groups etc. Online dating is not all that

0|0
    0|0
  • yes because I'm sure someone out there will approach u and ask for your number. so don't give up hope on that happening because it will happen eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you look like the woman in the picture yes. The issue is people are busyer now than they have ever been. If you look good, or go to an event where other singles your age are then someone will hit on you eventually. You can also still get picked up at bars.

The issue is the people you meet at bars or a specific event have that as an interest. If you want someone to date you purely for who you are then you either need to make a profile or find people at events you are interested in. That can be a lot harder.

Half the apps now are meat market. Okc is best in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hehehehehehe... Yes! You will have to date offline only.
    It's just that you may find someone on an app. And, more choices allow you to choose better. :)
    PM me if you are interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have a resting bitch face, guys won't approach you.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes, but only for attractive people... and now that I think about it, dating apps are only for attractive people too. Depends on you I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but only if you are a social person and love to make lots of friends who could introduce you to other friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah you will die instantly when dating someone in real life. Then Hulk will come down from heaven and take your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say yes, but only if there would be more public events in order to one another. I mean, I know there are many events, but personally speaking, I think if there were more events organized to let girls and guys or men and women to be together for a few hours, talk and so on, that would be easier. Anyway, many people dislike socials as a way to meet, I wouldn't be that hars. Indeed it's more appropriate when you meet someone face to face, but as a mean to approach someone, I would say socials are useful. Think about 30 or 40 years ago, you could see a girl at a party , or a guy you liked, but maybe you didn't get the chance to talk to him , and once he was gone, you lost him forever. Now thanks to socials, is easier to look for someone, that is a useful think I guess. But, and I underline that, once you meet someone face to face, we all should know how to handle it !

0|0
    0|0
  • It is quite easy to meet other people at work/clubs etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's possible to date offline and i believe you can meet anyone to date at anytime and at any place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose yes but only if you get outside to meet people!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s possible. I met my boyfriend through non website ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s totally possible. I get picked up on in bars, by coworkers and through friends. I know many young people who didn’t do social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea sure. You just need to be obvious about it. Have a sign around your neck that says "looking for boyfriend. Ask me how"

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Because they're gonna get lynched for sexual harassment.

0|1
    0|0
  • It certainly is still possible, but you need to leave the house for that

1|0
    0|0
  • I think because of the age of dating apps, you need to be more straightforward but also self-confident if you are going to ask someone out or want them to ask you out. The way I met my boyfriend was through my roommate. He was over trying to hide beer (his roommates were underage) from and RA check and he said when he saw me he put a target on me haha. My roommate invited me over to his for a get together a few days after that and we flirted pretty obviously for a few weeks until we made out and decided to date. So it is possible. Some guys might be scared by an assertive woman but my guy is a feminist and, as he put it, put a target on me anyway haha. So it was pretty level. Hope that helps! *Being independent and having your own goals and working** toward them is super attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to make the effort to do so. Dont be so shy and be bold the worse some one can do/say is no so ask who ever you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Same! I don’t want to meet someone on a dating app. It just seems unauthentic to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Still happens on a daily basis and very much alive. But you better throw some strong signals cause a lot of these dudes are yeller.

0|0
    0|0
  • no dating for me as no girl wants me my heart is broken in 2 what do you think that l should do to get a nice date?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not impossible but it's much more harder these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just seems harder I been single 8 years now but like you said I prefer. the way you said not using apps

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easy for women but men have to be attractive, fashionable or very well off financially to get the chance of dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone around u and u have environment to interact with...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it is.

Both the people should have interest in establishing a connection otherwise it won't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have spoken to the guy for sometime and u feel it's safe to spend time together and he will b understanding to some extent..

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible for sure! In person interactions are still the best way to date 👍🏾

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you approach people? If you and to date online why expect it to just fall from the sky with no effort

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont be like that. Girla can do the first step too. To say that is the men's job will never get you a boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally possible. Tinder and other apps are for just few days hookups. You don't find anything real in it.

0|0
    0|0
    • That statement is most of the time true but my sister and her boyfriend met on tinder, are still togheter and just moved in to their own house they bought togheter. So I don't think it is only hook ups. It depends.

• Sometimes there are exceptions everywhere.

• In social circles, sure. Especially in major cities with plenty of events.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a guy and im old school but its like people would rather you hit them up online and i hate it

0|1
    0|0
  • It is much easier if YOU come to the guy and ask him for his number

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible. To me unless you meet up in person you can not be dating someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. How do you think we date in developing countries?

0|0
    0|0
  • It won't happen coz of all the laws and the judgmental people around us

0|0
    0|0
  • I never get any replies on online dating sites. The only ones that text me there are scammers

0|0
    0|0
  • Its possible as long as you're being social and attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I think its still possible but you have a greator chance of meeting online I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • yes @disgustingweebtrash is dating an anime character

0|1
    0|0
  • simple. don't download a dating app and go out to meet people. yes it's possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show More

Recommended myTakes