Is it still possible to date offline nowadays?

I am single for a year. I don't want to meet someone through a dating app. I want for the guy to come to me and ask for my number or something like that. I don't know if that is realistic.
  • Yes
  • No, because they are going to look you UP on tinder/badoo/(insert any dating app)
  • No, you should download this app.
    Vote C
  • Yes but only if _____
    Vote D

60144

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men are tired of women wanting them to always make the first move. If that's what you're expecting, dating is going to be tricky, especially offline.

I don't know how things are in the Netherlands but where I'm from, people don't really approach strangers in public just to ask for a number. It's a lot easier online because you don't have to physically be in the situation and you can escape from the embarrassment of rejection with a click of a button.

I'm not saying that it's completely unrealistic that someone would come and ask for your number in public. It can happen. I just think it's unlikely.

• Interesting, I talk to a Portuguese girl and she seems to have a lot of guys approach her. Maybe it's less common in Finland and to some extent, England.

• @Levin Certainly. The stereotype of the men in Southern Europe is that they're extremely "aggressive" when it comes to approaching women. In Finland, on the other hand, it's frowned upon to approach people you don't know in public because that's seen as more or less harassing them and invading their personal space.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does HOW you meet matter? The mist important thing is that you meet someone who is right for you.

• That is indeed the mist important thing.

• @jflames Some people are in a position where they do not meet many eligible members of the opposite sex and online dating facilitates the process. If you meet a guy online and he has no confidence, that will be apparent when you meet him.

• Yeah I agree with that statement. Most of my partners I've met almost in an accedental situation.