Girls, Why do 99% of girls/women act this way?

So I'm chatting online with someone and we end up exchanging phone numbers. We text some, dirty talk on both ends. Just to be clear, the site was a casual hookup site. So I ask her about setting up a meeting, she says yes. I suggest a day... no reply. I wait a couple of days and try again. She answers but takes forever even though I reply within minutes. I say straight out that I don't think she's all that interested but she swears up and down that she is. I even explain how not texting on her own and taking long to reply sends a message ( not interested) of course she says that's not true. Now I don't text her for at least 5 days, nothing from her of course. I give it a shot and she replys a hour and a half later and I reply within 5 minutes and of course nothing. Why do this, it is so obvious that she is screwing around and not serious at all. What is the purpose? I feel like women do this intentionally just to mess with guys heads. Someone please just tell me the truth, you all do this crap for kicks right?
Clearly men and women do not think the same way. Men use logic and I have no clue what women use but it sure does not make sense. I give up

3