Would you be worried if your partner has your phone number saved as just your name?

I do know that he uses Whatsapp at work to reply to me and maybe he intends for it to be professional. I used to save it under a nickname I gave for him and put a heart shape beside it. But after realising he saved it as just my name, I changed back to just his name too.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Lmao to the triggered people, keep on being triggered. I’m not upset by it by the way, obviously I’m not gonna accuse him and make a huge deal out of it just because he put my name. Just an interesting observation I made since he’s my first Boyfriend and when I realised initially many months ago he saved my name I was a bit disappointed as I had thought people usually save it as sweet/crazy nicknames. Also I decided the nickname I put for him might have been a bit childish anyway so I changed.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone worry about. My ex put hearts next to her name in my phone, out of insecurity. No surprise that we broke up from her issues with jealousy and lack of self esteem

4|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I have everyone, except my mom and dad, as *first name* *last name*. So since my boyfriend is just by his name, I wouldn't think much of it if he had the same.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• ... Uh, no? We both have our numbers saved as our names. Because... they're our names...

4|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be worried at all. I mean when he first saved your number into his phone i'm guessing it was your name. My boyfriend changed mine to my nickname a few months in, but that was because he barely uses my name now (but its nothing over the top or with hearts or anything.) But he is in my phone purely as his name. I love him so much, but just because its just his name in my phone doesn't change that.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care, when my boyfriend I became official 10 months ago. I just used Adam. And I'm pretty sure he has either Sam, Sammy, or Samantha.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all. That's my name, and that's what he calls me. You don't have your siblings as "brother" or "sister", nor do you save your employers as "boss". I mean, maybe some people do this to be funny, but it's not a standard thing.

So long as I'm on his priority list, and calls stop go through even if his phone is silent to most everyone else, I don't really care.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not worried but using whatsapp is worrisome only because my ex used a text app to text me and he was married.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never saved a boyfriend's number as anything different than their names. I don't think it's an issue at all.

2|0
    0|0
  • I loved the way u urself answered the question in the end. 😊

2|0
    0|0
    • Hehe cheers!

• Show All
    • Who cares? Right? 😁

• Well after reading ur update. If i found my soulmate i would save her nmbr with a nick sayin : Life Line ❤

• Most guys don't really pay attention to what they haved saved on their contact list. It took me like 2 months to save my mum's number. I used to scroll through texts to figure out who people were.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I'd be worried about that if I was 12 years old.

4|0
    0|0
  • Everyone on my phone other than my mom is saved as first and last name. Unless he has everyone saved as nicknames on his phone but you then I wouldn’t make a big deal about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • All of my contacts on my phone is their full name. My parents included.
    So I wouldn't worry about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Being nicknamed doesn't mean the end all of my relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • I use SO’s name & first initial of her nickname. Reason being that if something happened to me, whoever looks at the phone will know who the number belongs to.

I did not even use nicknames at all at your age

0|0
    0|0
  • It worried me too. She used to save everyone's name by their nickname but she saved my name by just name.. that hurted a bit, even though it isn't a big deal... but sometimes it affects our psychological thinking towards our partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not every relationship is required to use nicknames in place of a real name. If your partner likes your name enough to use it as your contact, worry is not the emotion you should be feeling...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be worried if they had me saved as someone else lol

3|2
    0|0
  • Most guys don't care about stuff like that, we are rather straight forward

1|0
    0|0
  • 🙄 go get something to do in your life!!!
    Like seriously.. it seems to me you are so directionless..

4|0
    0|0
  • My fiance and I have our names saved as our first and last names lol

2|0
    0|0
  • What else is he supposed to save it as. You save a person's phone number as their name right?

Or is there a trend about which I'm unaware of?

2|0
    0|0
  • It's better than being called "Free sex" or "spare tire"

4|0
    0|0
  • Like really? I've always used just the name of my S. O.

2|0
    0|0
  • I use nicknames in the last name but only if I have one for them. Or I use nicknames if I don't know someone's name or I have multiple people with that name in my contacts.

1|0
    0|0
  • No needs to be worried about something like that. Because I do the same. I saved his number as just his name tho

1|0
    0|0
  • He has it that way, and I have him with his name and last name. I see no problem. I actually wished he added my lastname also.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have an older friend who has been with there partner for 15 years and she has her partner under his name 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's silly. I don't put cheesy nicknames either, doesn't mean that I don't like the guy

2|0
    0|0
  • Lol its fine girl stop worrying
    FUCK you are making me worry

2|0
    0|0
  • Hey better your name than 'side chick #3'

9|6
    0|0
  • Nicknames are fine and little emojis too but really it doesn't matter

2|0
    0|0
  • Only iPhone allows emojies net to the name Android doesn't

2|0
    0|0
    • Um.. No. I have a samsung note n i can do the same 😊

• Obvious that I wish my partner too look at me not like he looks everybody and moreover Everytime u call it should bring a smile..

1|0
    0|0
  • Dang, I gotta start giving people nicknames and funny profile pics now... even my parents are saved by name.
    What are some good nick names you all use, I'm looking for insulting but fun?

0|0
    0|0
  • 🤨🤔What the actual fuck. What is this garbage ass question? just WHY.
    Damn, some people are just absolutely ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
    • Now I've seen and read some dumbass questions in comments on this website, but this tops all of them.

• Well yeah i would be worried
    But i mean my dad has my number as just my full name xD

1|0
    1|0
  • I think he is just being professional. I always name my contacts by their name.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes i wil be worries as he or she is not giving me proper attentiom and due respect😊

1|0
    0|0
  • My partners and I don't have nicknames for each other, so we have to just put our names.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not, I think that'd be silly to worry about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand why you'd fret over something this small

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a stupid thing to worry about

2|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t really care what people put me as

1|0
    0|0
  • I would change it myself if it bothers you

2|0
    0|0
  • No cause you should be first number on speed dial.

2|1
    0|0
  • This is what we're worried about in life?

2|0
    0|0
  • Why would that be a problem?

1|0
    0|0
  • Grow up.

3|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't like nicknames