Can’t stop crying bc I’m ugly and lonely?

I have 0 confidence. There’s nothing I can do to help myself build it. I’m 17 and single. All the girls at my school are so pretty. And I’m an ugly piece of crap. I hate my nose and my lips (they’re reaaaaaally full and uneven.) no guy has ever liked me. Only random older strangers compliment me and say that I’m beautiful/gorgeous. I bet I’ll be single forever. I don’t think the guy I’ll end up liking in the future would even like me back. There hasn’t been one day where I didn’t cry about my appearance. I’m sick of it. I’m sick of not being a pretty girl. And no, don’t ask me for a picture cuz I won’t fkin send you one. and please don’t say “you have to be confident” or “accept it” because I tried. And it always ended up biting me in the ass and making me more upset each time.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger I was very ugly..
    I was skinny with no boobs wonky teeth frizzy hair and big glasses.. I was bullied badly for it.. I improved my looks slightly and people noticed though still got the ugly comment i was better than I was.
    I’m not going to patronise you and tell you it will be ok.. you just have to love yourself in this rotten world nobody else will.
    Full lips? People are paying a fortune for full lips and you have natural ones.. fill them in with liner until even
    Nose? We all have one anyway..
    Wouldn’t it be better to be called beautiful and gorgeous than pretty? Rather than acting confident etc why don’t you be yourself..

0|0
    0|0
    • I try. Thank you for this ❤️ the way I perceive myself is really affecting my life

• Show All
    • And I’m not ready for it

• Date when your ready, college is one step closer to adulthood.. concentrate on your studies and plan on a future of making loads of money

Some days will be harder than others but you need to adapt a *fuck it* attitude

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I know how that feels. My complexion is terrible and I'm going bald super young. I'm mute so I can't talk to people, and that's isolated me to the point that I'm socially inept. I dropped out of highschool because I just couldn't bear being so alienated. But after several years of isolation, I feel like I've become much more zen. I don't think there's really a solution, I don't know how it happened. And I still think I'll probably die alone, but my outlook is more optimistic.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• oh girl. any time you feel even slightly ugly look in the mirror and punish yourself by repeating 'i am so fucking beautiful' out loud 30 times. the more you don't believe it, the firmer you should be at your rebellious reflection. that part of you thats putting you down wasn't born with you so kill it. i promise you you'll see and feel a difference in a few weeks time. you're the one only one making yourself ugly <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Meanwhile there are ugly freaks and disabled girls who not just get a boyfriend but also find the one sucker who will marry them.
    Girl stop crying. You have no problems. If you live in the western world and have a vagina you can't have it easier in life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Awww... <3 just, forget it. Keep on living. Fuck looks fuck shallow people.
    You're nice? you'll get a nice guy and not give a damn about looks cuz looks don't matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • Little one, I am sure you are not ugly at all. You are going to have to find ways to like yourself. That is the only way good things are going to find you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can probably help you gain self esteem and confidence, but that'd take time and effort. If you're down I can teach you how I did it, and we can find a way for you too. Just PM me and I'll help you with it if you're down for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever read about the ugly duckling?
    That's true for high school girls if they don't let themselves be and actually take care of their health (I said health, not looks)

0|0
    0|0
  • well there s something you have that no other girl has you have to find that unique thing about you that makes you pretty than the other s and i be t you can find it Esther your eyes or smile?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have really big eyes. I only like my eyes.

• And nice hair. But that’s about it

• Everyone says I’m pretty but I feel like they’re lying cuz I can see for myself

• Don’t worry I bet you’re cuter than most girls in my college. I’m 17 too by the way 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry you feel so bad. Hope things get better for you -Hugs-

0|0
    0|0
  • Eee?
    What can we do in this situation?
    #ıamnobodyy

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me no girl is ugly you will always find a match

0|0
    0|0
  • So what good is crying gonna do?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know. I tried living my life but I go back to crying right after that. So I don't know what to do anymore. I’m afraid of people seeing me

• Show All
    • I don’t know how

• You need to get over it.

• Calm down girl you are still young

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly, im the same as you. i turned 18 about a month ago and i despise my repulsive and horrendous appearance. my skin is too pale, im too short, my eyes are too big, my lips and mouth are too small, my nose isn't "the right shape", my eye colour is ugly (green - hazel), and so on. i feel like i look like total shit, and i bet i actually do. I've changed my appearance so many times thinking it would help and it never did because i have terrible social anxiety and absolutely no confidence or self esteem which combining all 3 of those together only makes it 100 times worse for me

even when people tell me that i am really beautiful, attractive, or whatever adjective you wanna use, i 100% in my mind i literally feel like they're doing it to pity me so i dont feel as ugly or gross as i am in reality

but, to answer your question, i dont know if there's anything you can do to physically help unless you change your appearance by wearing makeup if you dont or trying new makeup if you do, changing your style of clothes (ie: if you're a tomboy, try casual clothes. if you're a girly girl, try some casual/tomboy clothes, etc), if you wear glasses then try contacts or get non prescription glasses if you dont wear/need contacts. changing hairstyles or even your hair part is another thing you could try cuz your hair part frames your face and shapes your face too, or you could even opt for cosmetic surgery (this one seems quite absurd, even to me and i have NOOOOO liking of my appearance whatsoever)

in my entire life, i have tried an ENOURMOUS amount of things and none of them have worked, but that's not to say they won't work for you. basically with how society is, i guess if we dont learn to "like how we are" or "deal with it" (ha, ya right!), then we're gonna..."suffer", sadly, if you know what i mean

0|0
    0|0
    • I literally have so much makeup but it makes me look uglier.

• Show All
    • yah i used to be that girl who only wore foundation, concealer, and mascara. now im that girl who wears foundation, concealer, mascara PLUS 10 other products to cover up my insecurities which is basically my entire face. it's gotten to the point that when i take my makeup off, i dont really recognize myself because it's that much and does that much change to me. and my lips, well my bottom one is kinda full while my top one isn't as much but it kinda is. but that mainly has to do with my ancestry which is ukrainian and german (they don't have natural huge full lips like some other europeans do)

you might call me crazy, but have you heard of subliminals? i personally haven't used them before because i dont have time to, but i heard they actually work because they alter your subconscious mind which changes your _____ (whatever you want to change). they do work because i have known people who have had success with them, but if you don't feel comfortable trying them, you do not have to

• I don’t know what those are

• I mean... it's all about how you see yourself, if you don't like it then change it. You're 17 and your body is still developing and changing. Just chill.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes