I am so insecure now?

Okay, so there's a side to my boyfriend I have NEVER seen before. He put his hands on me the other day, and I forgive him but I provoked it.. but I don't wanna be with him anymore, so I broke it off. But, I always seem to find the assholes.. I think they are good guys but then they turn out to be DICKS. Will I EVER find a good guy? :( I am starting to give up.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I just want to say, seriously, good for you. You had the strength to break it off. No one should ever lay their hands on you.

Take your time. I had a bad first date last night, the guy tried making me give him head. Told me he loved me after an hour. It was really quite weird, and I don't think I'll be continuing that one.

You gotta weed through the bad guys to find good ones. Or just take time off and focus on yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you meant put his hands on you. He beat you? Or he touched you without consent?

1|0
    0|0
    • He shoved me, and it wasn't a soft shove.

• Were you two fighting? Sounds abusive

• We were in a little bit of a heated argument. I was trying to give him a hug to try and calm him down, but he shoved me. I fell, but I am not one of these people asking for sympathy. I am just wondering if I will find a decent guy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well I'm sure you'll find a good guy out there somewhere. Dont lose faith. I know many good guys who I'm friends with. I seem to find only girls who go from guy to guy and I'm also looking for a good girl, which honestly, seems pretty hard nowadays, but I'm not losing faith that I'll find someone, so you shouldn't either! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by insecure? Nothing here is your fault. And i assure you there are nice guys out there, you're probably just subconsciously going for the asses. Look for patterns in the kind of guys you're into, try others out. Some sweeter shyer guys if you're generally going for the super confident and bold ones. Good luck though, and good job on breaking it off ❤ gl!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • There's is never a reason to out hands on a woman you care about. And most of time it will evolve and get worse in time. And definitely never try to justify his actions, they're inexcusable no matter your actions. See your self worth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Assholes stay always show signs that they are assholes early on. You probably mistake it for them being assertive and confident. Look for what that really looks like. Find out what all those guys really had in common. Then avoid that.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah you will. don't ever give up. just look out for the red flags.

1|0
    0|0
  • Change everything you look for I. A guy go polar opposite as hard as it may be!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you should first look at how the relationship starts. If you are the one who always tries hard to keep a conversation or you make yourself too available. This makes conquering your heart easier. Guys need to win girls, then they will appreciate you. Also look at where you are looking for guys. what kind of crowds are they around. How they treat their mothers. All this can explain if a guy is truly worth you investing your time in. Maybe you need to start valuing who you are and they will value you. There are plenth of fish in the sea, good luck. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • What exactly did he do?

1|0
    0|0
    • He pushed me, and it wasn't a soft push either.

• Show All
    • I broke it off right after he did that to me. I don't really want any sympathy I was in the wrong too I shouldn't of kept provoking it. But, that's okay. I will take it as a learning experience. I just gotta get back out there. Thank you! I hope I find a good guy.

• Don't worry, you will find the right man.

Recommended myTakes