How to get an online conversation going with a girl I feel a massive urge to date?

I had a huge crush on this girl in my campus I used to see everyday near a food joint in my college campus. The day I decided that it's time to talk to her, she stopped coming and I didn't see her for 2 years (there are 15 diffrent colleges in my campus so finding 1 girl from some other college is a task). until day before yesterday when I discovered her Instagram profile.

I'm quite confident in myself but I have to get a conversation started first. I had a fail attempt where she didn't see any of my messages, luckily you can unsend your texts on Instagram. Turns out she's a an acquaintance of my ex which gives me all the more reason to go after this girl.

How should I approach her?

10