What do guys think of dating girls that have low self esteem?

If you met a girl who was like: “I’ve never had a boyfriend because nobody has ever wanted me” or “I’m forever alone because I’m ugly.” Would you ask her out if you happen to think she is pretty enough for you?

224

Most Helpful Guy

• Low-esteem is a problem if you progress in any areas of your life, But the good news is you can improve through using affirmations, by looking at what you have achieved through out your life, and the little goals you set yourself each day.

Being bogged down by what other people think of you is crazy! Half the time, the people who are sharing these opinions are complete failures and are projecting their wants, needs, failures and desires onto you. They are hoping they can live vicariously through your life because their life sucks.

The only opinion that matters is yours. If you believe you can do the impossible, then you will.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see three types of responses coming from men
    1. It’s annoying because she need constant validation and don’t want to be weighed down emotionally by that
    2. It’s hot because they’re controlling and see you as easy to manipulate (danger)
    3. See it as alright because they’ve also got low self esteem and they can build each other up
    Unless you can build a good relationship with the 3rd type (it’s highly possible you could end up making each other worst/codependency) i’d work on building up your own confidence. I’ve been through this, hell i’m still kinda there, but a relationship didn’t get me this far.

• 👏🏾 this is the truth right here

• Guess u will learn with time

• codependency and the tendency towards it is listed in the DSM as a mental disorder.