What do guys think of dating girls that have low self esteem?

If you met a girl who was like: “I’ve never had a boyfriend because nobody has ever wanted me” or “I’m forever alone because I’m ugly.” Would you ask her out if you happen to think she is pretty enough for you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Low-esteem is a problem if you progress in any areas of your life, But the good news is you can improve through using affirmations, by looking at what you have achieved through out your life, and the little goals you set yourself each day.

Being bogged down by what other people think of you is crazy! Half the time, the people who are sharing these opinions are complete failures and are projecting their wants, needs, failures and desires onto you. They are hoping they can live vicariously through your life because their life sucks.

The only opinion that matters is yours. If you believe you can do the impossible, then you will.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see three types of responses coming from men
    1. It’s annoying because she need constant validation and don’t want to be weighed down emotionally by that
    2. It’s hot because they’re controlling and see you as easy to manipulate (danger)
    3. See it as alright because they’ve also got low self esteem and they can build each other up
    Unless you can build a good relationship with the 3rd type (it’s highly possible you could end up making each other worst/codependency) i’d work on building up your own confidence. I’ve been through this, hell i’m still kinda there, but a relationship didn’t get me this far.

0|1
    0|0
    • 👏🏾 this is the truth right here

• Show All
    • Guess u will learn with time

• codependency and the tendency towards it is listed in the DSM as a mental disorder.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If a girl say I never had boyfriend than she is unique personality she has certainly thoughts of what she want from guys. Beacuse getting date or boyfriend or girlfriend is easy but take it to relationship is difficult. And about ugly most of all think like that but when they find right person who are really from inside rather than looks. Everybody is beautiful by how they look.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not quite attractive.. that's why high heels are awesome 😁 kidding.. it's a lot more appealing when a girl know to say about herself that she is pretty okay 🙂 I personally hate when women piss on themselves and they say how bad of a human being they are 🙄

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated such girl. It was really annoying since i had to constanlty compliment her to build up her self esteem, but i didn't mins because i know she needed it. We broke up because she pressed pause on the relationship to cheat on me :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Takes a lot of weight off my shoulders for planning stuff. If she's never been in a relationship she can probably cook something cause she doesn't go out. More weight off my shoulders. She'll also be less maintenance which is always a plus in my book. There are 40 men you interact with every day that feel the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how low. Some people are too unstable to be in a committed relationship when they are too insecure so until they straighten that out enough for THEMSELVES than no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love yourself before you love someone else. I personally wouldn't date someone that thinks negatively of themself.

Life's too short to act like that. Not my style!

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would. However, she can't be down on herself all the time, and if the guy in question genuinely thinks she's pretty or cool or whatever, she should use that to help her with her self esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • Heh... I have low self-esteem myself, but as long as she'd make the first move and made it clear that she liked me and if I was attracted to her I'd be happy to ask her out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope from u saying "I'm never alone because I'm too ugly" already indercates that dating your would be stressful with how u would over think and if I spoke to other females I imagine u wouldn't take kindly to it so it's a turn off for me

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m a jealous type of girl because I see females that he’s close to as a threat

• Show All
    • Why because if u are jelouse of them it surly because u don't trust that I won't be stupid around them

• If seen friends get with women like you and what u described and it's not worth the stress or amount of grief when it falls through from requests like oh please don't go out with your friends to I do t want you talki g to that guy any more I don't like him even asking to no longer have female friends that are part of our friends group with how many women are out there this amount of stress is better skipped

• Well it depends what type of guy they are the one can take advantage and use it against her or you can be a great guy and help her out to improve it but sometimes after you improved their self esteem they can leave you for no reason at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not...

I don't like being put on a guilt trip and looks like she only has that one card that she'll play over and over...

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a hard question. Maybe? It depends how bad it is. Someone who feels that way is one thing and I can work with that. Someone who's full of self pity and always saying depressing cr@p like that to get attention or get someone to call them pretty is another kind of problem, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I can deal with and even help someone with low self esteem. Someone who is overly clingy, depressing to be around, full of self pity, or an attention seeker I literally can't stand.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, I would make her feel special because she may never have felt special before.

0|1
    0|0
  • if she say the same thing after dating for 1 or 2 months im done

0|0
    0|0
  • No because they might try and seek validation from other guys and cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oddly some people find that as an appealing trait

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody likes that

0|0
    0|0
  • Does that mean more hugs?

0|0
    0|0
  • if she says these things on a date, she's out

0|0
    0|0
  • Offspring - No Self Esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Depends on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not having had anyone express interest before is fine, if not good. I’ve been in that situation before.

But saying you’re ugly can be annoying if you’re serious about it and it’s not some super emotional moment. Then I just think you’re an idiot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would because I am autistic and have low self esteem as well compared to my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should love yourself before that love that you have when you meet the one will put you two close. You gotta believe in you girl when you meet the one he's going to bring the strength. He's going to teach you new things and you'll be happy you met him because he's going to bring that knights in shining armor perspective.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes