How can I get better at being confident in myself when it comes to talking to people?

This comes into play when I'm into somebody and I: a) get nervous and say friendly shit instead of trying to interest her into a possible relationship. or b) have no idea what to talk about. any help would be greatly appreciated because all my friends have either been in or are in relationships and I'm 18 and have never actually dated anybody or had anybodies interest, I feel left out sometimes and wanna know how to fix it.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• You're coming off with a caring tone. Try starting a sentance sharply then shifting to a Barry Mantelo tone at the end of your approach line. This causes adrenaline then cuts it off giving a feeling of excitement. Read a book on public speaking.

• I'll do the book part, cos I'm still not sure what that meant lol, I also have a really low self esteem cos I'm a bigger dude and it's in my head that that's gonna completely fuck everything up for me, yanno

• No I'm 300lbs. Women love men bigger than them. A sharp tone is like your father yelling at you for something stupid. This causes a rush to your audience. Then shifting to a deep slow tone brings calmness. These shifting tones instill a subconscious reaction to watch you to see what's going on. Works the best during a pick up line. There's more in any book on public speaking.

• alright, will take into account, cheers man

Most Helpful Girl

• Confidence = comfortability
    try to be confortable with whatever or whoever you see or speak to... if you accomplish that then it will a great start