Who pays on the first date?

Should the Male pay or the Female pay?

1831

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe there has to be an obligation. [Should] [Must] [Have to] [Need to] . . . these form of obligations are inaccurate. No gender should be obligated by an unwritten rule to perform an act. It is unfair and illogical.

With that said; everything must be decided by a mutual communication and understanding. Everyone have the right to hold a belief and preference. The traditional behavior surrounding this subject is long gone and today people have more variable opinions. In my opinion; the best way to handle this is simply communication. People need to stop being offended by other's opinions and beliefs but they should be able to share their ideas freely and politely. Then reach an agreement together. Simple as that. This leads to less fight, less drama, less argument, less confusion and less empty expectations.

Furthermore; personally i would love to pay. This is how i've been raised and this is how i do feel comfortable. Everyone are entitled to their own preference and i am to mine. I do pay comfortably because i enjoy my gesture as a man. I enjoy taking the charge; taking the lead and stir the ship of the ride i'm taking with my chosen woman in any possible category.

If the woman would have a different ideas and desires or if there has been exceptions then we'll discuss and we'll find a way to gladly and peacefully compromise. It's not that difficult.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say cover yourself, but if being all cordial, I say girl gets the appetizer, dessert and tips. Guy covers main meal.

I feel like it takes financial stress off him but still allows him to do a romantic favor. Likewise we can get a bomb ass appetizer, yummy dessert, and the waitress gets a fat tip