Who pays on the first date?

Should the Male pay or the Female pay?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe there has to be an obligation. [Should] [Must] [Have to] [Need to] . . . these form of obligations are inaccurate. No gender should be obligated by an unwritten rule to perform an act. It is unfair and illogical.

With that said; everything must be decided by a mutual communication and understanding. Everyone have the right to hold a belief and preference. The traditional behavior surrounding this subject is long gone and today people have more variable opinions. In my opinion; the best way to handle this is simply communication. People need to stop being offended by other's opinions and beliefs but they should be able to share their ideas freely and politely. Then reach an agreement together. Simple as that. This leads to less fight, less drama, less argument, less confusion and less empty expectations.

Furthermore; personally i would love to pay. This is how i've been raised and this is how i do feel comfortable. Everyone are entitled to their own preference and i am to mine. I do pay comfortably because i enjoy my gesture as a man. I enjoy taking the charge; taking the lead and stir the ship of the ride i'm taking with my chosen woman in any possible category.

If the woman would have a different ideas and desires or if there has been exceptions then we'll discuss and we'll find a way to gladly and peacefully compromise. It's not that difficult.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I say cover yourself, but if being all cordial, I say girl gets the appetizer, dessert and tips. Guy covers main meal.

I feel like it takes financial stress off him but still allows him to do a romantic favor. Likewise we can get a bomb ass appetizer, yummy dessert, and the waitress gets a fat tip

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Y'all split. No one there is worth more than the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both should be willing and offer to pay half. The person who invited should offer to pay for the meal (supposing the cost is something logical and manageable)

0|1
    0|0
  • I always split the bill. It’s just ignorant to blow money on someone you don’t even know. If you to click and go on future dates, that’s one thing. But it’s just stupid to constantly pay for everything on a first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asked should pay but I always offer to pay for my half if he asked

2|3
    0|0
  • Lmfao. I like how the girls are saying split it or whoever invited while the guys are like screw that the dude gotta pay. I prefer to go with the more equal one where you alternate between who pays.

0|0
    0|0
  • Progress towards equality implies that men and women should split the bill. Unfortunately, you havr a much higher chance of date success if you (the man) pay yourself. Oh well.

0|0
    0|0
  • whoever asks for the date. Should be noted that offering is respectful and shows you care. as the person asking you should always turn down the offer because that looks bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be whoever invited the person. If I invite a guy to go on a date with me, I should pay.

0|1
    0|0
  • Either/or. Whoever asked for the date. In a lot of cases this will be the guy. Early on it should be paid for by whoever asked, later on they should take turns paying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well its depande on the culture of the countries there is some people that they share of each one pay for himslef and in other the it is absolutely the man responsability like u re insulting him if u payed

0|0
    0|0
  • I've found splitting is the way to go. It takes any pressure or expectation off either person for what the date is and allows for people to chill out a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would hope the guy always pays because it seems less boyfriend like to me if he doesn't

0|1
    0|1
  • The female should pay on the first dat coz they mostly expect the guy to pay. I wanna see if she's worth my time or not

0|0
    1|0
  • Between fairly equal people, the host should pay. But you could also go halves, particularly if the guest suggests it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asked the other party out should pay. Common courtesy. But i still like to treat people😂😂 so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither should be expected to pay either split the bill or discuss who will pay this time and if there is a second date take in turns.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Go Dutch. “Equality” has been shoved down our throats too long. Time to reap the benefits of the term.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's must to be the male responsibility but, doesn't matter if they still in the first date.,..

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends, either the male pays or they can pay individually...

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditionally the male, but now? Whoever did the asking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever invited should pay.

0|4
    0|0
  • Whoever did the asking out pays.

0|2
    0|0
  • Each should pay for themselves.

0|2
    1|0
  • The man. I'm traditional so the guy should pay.

0|2
    0|1
  • Why don’t they just pay for themselves?

0|3
    1|0
  • The male should pay

1|1
    0|1
  • Should or have too?

0|1
    0|0
  • Split the bill

0|0
    0|0
  • Who ever asked for the date should pay.

0|1
    0|0
  • bob dylan should

0|1
    0|0
  • Split the bill

0|0
    0|0
  • Female.
    Or whoever invited.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever initiates it

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asked the other person out should pay

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who got the most money

1|0
    0|0
  • The one who askes for the date

0|0
    0|0
  • Male should pay almost every time

1|0
    0|0
  • BOTH!

0|0
    0|0
  • Split the bill honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • Male

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • guy should always , if she insists maybe split it

0|0
    0|0
  • Split it

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy. Especially if he asked for the date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy.. always

0|0
    0|0
  • Male most definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • No one should pay. They should get it for free.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes