Why did he say he wants to remain friends after saying he can’t be in a relationship, then text me everyday but not put in real effort to be friends?

12

12
  • I'd say that's a lazy excuse if he's not putting the effort into being friends with you. If you guys message most days of the week then that's okay because most friends that you're not close to will do that and never hang out. Tell him you need more from him in the friendship

• If he texts you everyday, how's he not trying to be friends... None of my friends text me everyday... Not even my girlfriend text me everyday...

He says he can't be in a relationship... What else is there other than be friends?

Are we being overly critical?

• I was down the street from him and he wouldn't come to see me after he had already said he would. I hadn't seen him in weeks because I was having surgery. He changed his mind and said the weather wasn't good so he wasn't going to come out. I would expect more from even a friend.

• Don't beat yourself up over it...
      It takes two for any relationship to work...

If he's not interested... You're better off finding your own way...

Best of luck...

• Thank you :)

• Because he doesn't feel comfortable having that interaction with. "Let's stay friends" is usually code for "not feelin' it."

• Yet he's been telling me he really cares for me, but can't handle a relationship right now because of his life circumstances. Which I get, but then put no effort into a friendship in real life and just text everyday, what's the point?

• Well that's an important question to ask, but it's one that only you can answer. What is the point of trying to maintain that friendship/relationship?