Do you think it is important to have your own life in your relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely...

Without the two individuals... How would a couple work?

I think many failed relationships happen because one person becomes bored with the other for reasons of a lack of growth...

When one loses one's identify... What the other person loved in the first place is gone... Then it's no longer exciting and fun... Just more of the same... Everyday...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah of course. You're not supposed to be stuck like a gum to your partner. Otherwise it can get boring and tiring.

0|0
    0|0
    • We woman get emotionally attached too. It’s how we recharge.

• Show All
    • I just started talking to a cop. I need to suck it up and deal with it.

• What I mean here is that if u don't have your own independence and individual life, aside from your relationship, if the relationship is over you'll find it extremely difficult to move on. Because your entire life will be revolved around a person who no longer can be with you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That depends.
    You should have "a life" to share with your partner because that is what relationships are about, in my opinion.
    But at the same time, I wouldn't like my partner having so much "life" that there would be no space for me to fit in.

Not involving your partner when you catch up with your besties to gossip is one thing, deliberately preventing your partner from meeting your friends on all occasions, that is a different matter entirely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I'd still like to feel loved and paid attention too and would want to do the same. I wouldn't want to feel suffocated neither like I'm still single.

0|0
    0|0
  • They say some time to yourself enriches the partnership because you're bringing in new experiences to the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Independent time is essential. It is important and it is to have a healthy mixture of both, because eventually one party will get drowned out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is lol as you are still you so to speak you gotta still live life lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus having my girl with me 24/7 would get old real quick not even married couples are with each other that much

• It’s called independence.

• Well yes

• Yes, very. But I'm currently unsure how to proceed with that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unsure how to proceed with that?

• Show All
    • Not as often as I'd like. I live in an area where none of my good friends live.

• Oh I see! That’s tough. So what do you do for fun?

• Yes of course, and ensure your partner still had their life too

0|0
    0|0
  • to a certain level , but i make her my own life so i prefer if she do the same

0|0
    0|0
  • There won't be a relationship otherwise...

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s called independence.

• Yeah, very important

0|0
    0|0
  • to a normal extent, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's very important

0|0
    0|0
  • It's crucial for the relationship!

0|1
    0|0
  • tust

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah so you dont feel like you are a slave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we all need a private life

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be interesting to blend two lifestyles together but not so much that you wouldn't know what to do in case you break up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes