Do you ever think you can find "the one" online?

6366

Most Helpful Girl

• I know lots of love stories that started online. I feel it's as possible as finding someone IRL.

Most Helpful Guy

6265
  • there is no such thing as "the one". can you find someone you get along with and decide to commit to online? sure.

• Sure, you can anywhere, you just got to be lucky enough to find someone you really click with.

• According to Zoosk

1. 19% of Brides Said They Met Their Spouses Online
    2. Couples Who Meet Online Tend to Get Married Quickly
    3. Online Marriages are Less Likely to End Within the First Year
    4. Half of British Singles Have Never Asked Someone on a Date Face to Face
    Online Dating Has Come a Long Way, But Thereโ€™s Always Room to Grow and Improve. There is someone out there for everyone. Online Dating is for everyone not just Chad and Stacie.

• I wonder sometimes. There have been times where I thought I found the one and they weren't. But I guess it really isn't a lot different than real life.

• It depends, doesnโ€™t really increase or decrease your chances compared to real life , just gives you more of a playing field than youโ€™d usually have. For instance, I hate the idea of finding someone on a dating app but I literally go nowhere besides work right now and unless someone falls through the roof of my apartment... Iโ€™m definitely not gonna meet anybody that way.

• There are approximately 10,000 โ€œonesโ€ in the world, itโ€™s just that they are so scattered around the world that you will most likely only find one of the โ€œonesโ€ in your life. Plus to answer your question, yes.

• There are a lot of people on the internet. In fact, more than ever. That makes it easier to find someone who fits into your life. If it's the one, I'm afraid I've missed that opportunity a long time ago. But online dating for example, seems easier than real life dating. So there is a possibility of finding a good match out there.

• Can I? Dunno. I haven't yet. I'm not too optimistic... but then I'm not too optimistic about finding "the one" in real life either; at least until I can move out of state.

But can people in general find "The one" online? Sure, it may be possible! But, much like dating in real life, there are a LOT of variables.

• No. We ask God. Do not a temptation. We will not. Online is nothing. We want to be with God. May God help us to find a partner that believes in God. Forever and now.

• The chance to find the one online is the same as your chance to find her in real life.

• I believe you can meet love anywhere and you may not even know it.
    I met a girl and now im thinking I should try get back in contact with a girl I had a huge crush on.
    What do ye think?

We met originally about 9 years ago and became great friends. Iv never gotten on with someone so good, not long after meetings her I had a massive crush on her but I knew she didn't see me the same way, I was always a best friend. Anyway we lost contact 4/5 years ago due to going to different colleges. I still taught of her tho and what she would be up to.

Anyway over the last year or so I have found myself thinking about here more and more, it's now at the point where she is all I think about. I am beginning to think maybe I don't have a crush on her but what if I'm in love with this girl. Like I basically have had these feelings since I first met here, surely it's not possible to have a crush for 9 years?

The big issue is I have a girlfriend but can't stop thinking of this other girl and the other night when my girlfriend was giving me a blowjob I nearly screamed out this other girls name, I am now very worried that I will call out this other girls name when my girlfriends and I are having sex. Has anyone ever been in this situation.

• Ja, that's easy. I have found him online

coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/.../...1102180_image.jpg

However i don't know if i can find him on Facebook or anywhere else.

• No.. cause I am not interested, I think that time will come when she walks in my life

• Nope, tried online dating, it causes screwed up situations

• You mam could not be more correct

• And also you have to have trust I guess no matter what

• Sure. I mean I don't believe in "the one" as such but my girlfriend and I met online

• Why don't you believe in the one? Everybody has a soulmate... I fucking hope so

• But I understand about the thousands of people that maybe are the one, but all I can do is keep looking right

• Very true

• Yes you can I did by total accident. You just need lots of luck on your side but willing to talk to everyone to see who you click with and who you don't.

• It is entirely possibly, because you cannot "find" the one, you have to create it with someone. Its easy to meet people with similar interests online, and can connect with these people from anywhere in the world of course. However this does also complicate things when a relationship does start and someone has to move, or you have to decide on a LDR, which has its own challenges.

Nothing's easy! Haha

• I did. We lasted 3 years online. There wasn't any way for us to be together so it was for the best. Even though we brake up we still stayed in communication.

To be honest, I wasn't looking for no relationship online, in a regular chat room we met and click.

• Yes of course. The people online are still people. It can actually allow you to meet people who you would normally never meet in everyday life.

• Well, as online dating is really popular right now and there's a lot of good people that are actually looking for a long-lasting relationship I do think it is possible, if not more likely than in person. I recommend you try, and if it does not turn out well, try the good old method.

• Yeah, absolutely. There's plenty of people who have met online and are now happily married with a family.

• First up yes. Why not? Second depending on your definition of the one it might be harder or easier. Is the one someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Because then the one is not really the one but one of many. Or is the one the person that fits best in the world for you. Then I say online dating is best way to find it so far because you meet a lot more people and are not limited by everyone in your village.

• I've never been a big fan of online dating, as it's hard for me to connect to the person that way... but it's definitely not impossible.

I'm super patient, and don't mind if I'm single for the rest of my life, so I won't rush in and try to find a mate online... I'd rather just let nature take it's course and eventually maybe I meet someone irl.

• First of all there is no 'one'. No, there are many potential suitors for a mate. And no, not likely to find them 'online'. Go out and actually meet people, interact with them, have a dialog. You'll get WAY more out of it.

• I understand but going out there face to face, is not as easy as you say, call me shy or awkward but that stuff is hard that's why I'm finally trying some online dating apps & all I've met are girls ready for a one night stand or a fake bot lol

• Yes they are they for self validation, but that's like just over maybe 60%, there are people "I hope" that want a relationship but it takes time I'm told

Yeah you can't but also the anxiety plays a major part, right now at this moment I don't think I have strength to do what U said, but in time right

• And there are a lot of conversations, just don't seem to click with anybody "yet" I refuse not to be myself

• Sure you can. I met my man online, we're buying a house this year.

• Yes you can but thesedays don't get shocked if you find the one to be an old man pretending to be Chris evans... it was on the news

• If I did great, but if I don't I'm not disappointed about it. I have be online on and off for so long that I don't think it is the way I am supposed to find him.

• I know of people that did it in like the first try. Though from experience most of them are psychos or it might be that I'm garbage at picking people out.

• There are way more people on the internet than locally. And I believe โ€œthe oneโ€ is incredibly rare, so I think itโ€™d be really hard to just stumble upon them or something,

Maybe I guess haha

• Well it'll greater the range of your looking because certainly in the option of seven billion plus people they wouldn't be born in the same hometown as you

• If it was meant to be that way then yes other wise hell no most people online are playing mind games and just want sex.

• Yeah. My sister married his long time boyfriend that she met online. So yeah ๐Ÿ˜

• I've always been skeptical about the idea of finding love online. It has yet to change.

• Sure. He who says he can, and he who says he can't are both usually right.

• I don't know about "the one" but certainly met interesting persons online and offline.

• I met my man online, started out as friends with benefits, and the 23rd of this month makes 4 years ago he asked me to be his girlfriend I already knew him back in high school. We met back up again through a dating site.

Also, there is no such thing as only one. Life would either be so much easier, or that much harder if it was a thing. You'd either be single forever, or you'd be married at 16. I say this because if it was a thing, you wouldn't fall into lust with just anyone. You simply wouldn't feel that spark with anyone else.

• So you already knew him then reconnected online?

Good for you mam, by the way I meant the one as in the one you spend the rest of your life with & start a family etc

• I know what you mean, and I don't believe in it, because I've already been married once, and obviously that didn't work out. And if something were to happen to me, I wouldn't expect my man to just stay single forever, I'd want him to be happy and find someone else that he could be happy with.

"The One" isn't possible unless they are the ONLY one.

• friends with benefits is the best invention in this world

• Yes. Absolutely. I did.

• With the amount of fake profiles on each & every app, I don't see the light

• I might have to use them lines ๐Ÿ˜‚, yess there have been a few on the same page of the likes but then I tend to bullshit just to get I to the good books lol, I know what your saying & thanks, keep your fingers crossed jennay (Forest Gump voice)

• I will keep them crossed for you. Good luck. :)

• I found the one.. though I never went looking for him... Love just happens... <3 :)

• Yes, but I would say that online the look is more important than how much it is relevant normally, which is already quite a bunch.

• I think you can find the right person anywhere really

• I suppose, but I don't trust online dating that much.

• Yes it's possible and has happened before. Pretty soon, that's the way everyone is going to find "the one"

• Sure you can. I don't think it's much different from IRL.

• It could find true love online I did meet my boyfriend on facebook. we have date every Tuesday night.

• Yes i did too, but it is very important to know wach other in real life first, you probably find a few guys/girls who are not the right for you first

• You can find the right person anywhere... my friend is marrying a guy who she met on OkCupid.

• Yes I did, and have been together for almost 3 years. We live together and are engaged.

• You can find "The one" anywhere if you're lucky enough.

Show More
77