In your opinion can long distance relationships work?

2141

Most Helpful Guy

• It can work but from my own personal experience, the reason it worked was totally reliant on how the relationship started. If the relationship started in person, physically being together, and then distance becomes a new reality, then it can work so long as there is an agreed upon goal and plan to get back together in person.
    However, a long distance relationship that starts off with distance, depriving both people with the experience of actually being together in person, it is not likely it will work out

Most Helpful Girl

• 90% of the time, no.

Here's what it takes:

A strong healthy relationship that was well established IN PERSON, for a least 6 months, before the long distance term begins, and for the term of long distance to be no longer than 24 months (military deployments sometimes last this long), unless there are frequent visits.

Strictly online only relationships, where the two have never met in person, are not even real, in my opinion. You have to spend time together in person to truly get to know each other.