In your opinion can long distance relationships work?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It can work but from my own personal experience, the reason it worked was totally reliant on how the relationship started. If the relationship started in person, physically being together, and then distance becomes a new reality, then it can work so long as there is an agreed upon goal and plan to get back together in person.
    However, a long distance relationship that starts off with distance, depriving both people with the experience of actually being together in person, it is not likely it will work out

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 90% of the time, no.

Here's what it takes:

A strong healthy relationship that was well established IN PERSON, for a least 6 months, before the long distance term begins, and for the term of long distance to be no longer than 24 months (military deployments sometimes last this long), unless there are frequent visits.

Strictly online only relationships, where the two have never met in person, are not even real, in my opinion. You have to spend time together in person to truly get to know each other.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes it can as long as both partners are ready to put the same amount of efforts into the relationship, are completely honest, and super patient. Communication is also really important here just like any other relationship.
    Also it won't work unless they plan to meet in real life and work for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I mean there has to be some rules, like meeting every so often, and communication is super important. It should also be with someone you put your trust into, and somebody that you're patient with. There'll be road bumps but I'm sure you can make it work :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I once have long distant relationship and it dont work. At first it was really beautyful... We were chatting all day, calling, calling via Skype... But after some time there was less and less things we can talk about. He started think that I am forgetting him but true was i dont have something to talk him. We started hassle. Our hassles was so big we broke up. So I dont think it can work in long time range.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really want to say yes, but someone ends up wanting more. If the couple actively communicates then i don't see it failing.
    More often than not, it does fail though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Works fine for me and we've been together for five years. Despite our distance we've found ways to make it work and there are no trust issues involved. Never has been.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not long term. What's even the point? People who do this are kidding themselves about a better (or REAL) relationship closer to home. If it started local, it makes more sense, but still - are you going to spend your life like this?

0|1
    0|0
  • I seen it work but I really think people in it are settling and not getting the full relationship that they deserve.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but there need to be a plan of when the distance will end.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Not at all. In an infinite time. Yes. However, time is limited. Long distance relationships are too selfish

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that it could be working like a real relationship because i think that it is so important to touch and feel the Other person and then go building confiance and sincerity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! They take a lot of work and loyalty and trust, but the greatest risks can yield the greatest rewards :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Never... am experiencing one right now... it's been one month out of the possible eight... hhhh am not gonna make it

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on a lot of factors but yeah it can work just keep making the best of it and work hard to get together.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could but very difficult for both parties. Too many temptation closeby. Really comes down to how deep your feelings are for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Waste off time
    How are you going to date someone far away like she or he most be perfect be wise think twice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeeeah but not always. Depends on things like how long for, how far, can the two communicate, is the reltionship strong or just starting out, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • It can work for some but it's extremely difficult. I don't think I could ever do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lot of people wil say NO. But, I honestly think it does. Thanks to technology 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. If both parties want to make it work it will work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. But not for everyone, and they take a lot of work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if you or your partner are committed to that

0|0
    0|0
  • never never never
    I have experience about that
    never work

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, only if both are true to each other and trust in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if both of them are emotionally strong and are loyal

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • i really depends on the people.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure they can

0|0
    1|0
  • No tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, as long as you have good communication

0|2
    0|0
  • absolutely not

0|1
    1|0
  • I think

0|0
    0|0
  • They can, but more often than not, they don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they CAN. Not indefinitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can if you fight for it

0|0
    0|0
  • take lot of energy and sacrifice

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep it's a short time maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, someone always ends up cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Total bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if the distance has an expiry date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in one and it worked out well

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience not really

0|0
    0|0
  • No they never work.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely!

0|0
    0|0
  • for sure :) if you love someone really!

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes