My boyfriend gets mad at me frequently. What should I do?

My boyfriend has a temper, and he often gets mad. I have asked him how I can avoid it but for some reason even the littlest of things can set him off. He is not violent or anything, but when he is mad he never talks to me. It takes him a day or two before he wants to talk to me again. This happens about once every month, but last week, something made him mad, and he told me he wanted to go on a break because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to be with me anymore. We ended up getting back together two days later but I can’t help but feel if this relationship is going to last. We have been together for about a year and it has been like this since the beginning. I have tried talking to him about it but he says “it is just who he is” and that he can’t change who he is. What do I do? I love him but I do not know if this is healthy or not.

1956

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats NOT HEALTHY. If he really loves you, he wouldn't treat you like that. If he can't change and start treating you like every partner deserves, you should break.
    Have a boyfriend or girlfriend is to be happy, to share great moments, be confortable to each other, not to question every word you say cause "Oh, he can get mad with this..."
    If I am on your situation o would break as fast as possible. Your his girlfriend, not his mom to look after every childlish anger he gets.
    To me, it seems simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't live on eggshells. That much stress isn't healthy. He needs therapy and you need to get the hell away from him. He sounds like a man child who likes to throw temper tantrums. Is that something you want to live with for the rest of your life? I'd cut my losses if I were you and find someone who respects you. YOU DON'T NEED TO CHANGE. HE DOES. Good luck.