Does eating alone always equal poor service?

I frequently eat alone (or use to) but I noticed that I got crappy service most of the time. My thinking is the waiter/waitress is probably thinking I'm only going to make like a $1 off this guys $8.00 cheeseburger, fuck him. Normally I'll tip $4 or $5 which is like my minimum. My thinking is maybe next time I'll get better service.

One time I went to waffle house and the bill was like $8.50 and I gave the girl $4.00 and she did a horrible job, bit she was trying. The girl was even like I did not do that good. Lol

Opinions? Also can you request a certain waiter or waitress?
To clarify I gave the girl $4 on top of the $8.50 bill lol

01