Too scared to date anyone?

I'm 18 and I've never been in a relationship. Everytime there's even a chance someone might be interested in me I freak myself out and push them away.

I over think everything and one off thing they do I use it as a sort of excuse to end talking to them. I feel like its a mix of being so comfortable being single and also a fear of not knowing.

I don't really know how to explain it but I'm just really nervous to get into a relationship but I also feel like I really want a boyfriend at the same time?

Bit of a mess but I'd love to hear your opinions and advice, Im talking to a guy at the moment and I'm scared I'm going to push him away too.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a part of a healthy rewarding relationship is one of the best feelings you can ever have. It can touch all other parts of your life in a positive way too. Of course, if you are in a toxic, one sided relationship everything in your universe is terrible.
    To assume every relationship is going to be a disaster is really kind of an indictment on yourself. Why? Because you have 50% agency in any relationship and that means you won't tolerate being treated poorly etc or you will move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't 'need' to be in a relationship. You are still young, maybe explore the world first before committing to something. Maybe you are being too serious about it. You will find somebody when you are ready.