The longer we date the needier he gets. How to create some space in a positive way?

It's getting over the top needy. Not looking for comments saying "why are you together then?" Just looking for advice on how to deal with a needy guy because I love everything else about him

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... that’s a tough one, honey.

Maybe start planning some things without him to create that space you need.

And talk to him if you need to.

Some guys are like that, but in other cases the guy behaves like that because he thinks that’s what you want.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's only long answers for this.

Make him a life.

Friends, hobbies, priorities, goals. And a lot of other things, I don't think this is something that you can do, or should do

1|0
    0|0
    • It makes sense, he probably doesn't have much else taking up his time

• It's a really odd thing, trying to change someone.

Just imagine, he wakes up one day, you hug him. Then put on your hands on his shoulders, look at him and say "I'm gonna give you purpose, I'll make you a life. You will be a man, that every woman wants, and I'm gonna break up if you don't because I won't feel right about you"

Not to mention that even if he does go trough with all this... he might turn into someone that you won't feel right about.

You can try! I don't care a lot about compatibility, I'll just make my partner's life better. 😅

• Haha I don't want to change him, I guess he just needs to have some more interests or spend more time with friends

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Heard a joke once about "famous books never written".

On that list #1 "How To Nurse Your Guy Back To Alpha Male"

Jokes aside, assuming he wasn't needy before and now he is becoming needy. Recommend he hang out with his guy friends more. Say you feel like you're taking too much of his time and you want him to still have a life outside of you. That you don't want to be his life.

1. It's honest
    2. You're still telling him you want space, while remaining kind and respectful

1|0
    0|0
  • Are your love styles different? Like is he more physical, or maybe he needs more contact?

Just try to set boundaries, and take time alone for yourself, but also stick to routines, so that he can be shown through consistency that you are really with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's needy because he isn't good at attracting women so is scared to lose you, thinking he won't be able to get another girl. So the only way for him to not be needy is to become single again and learn how to attract women so he won't be worried about losing a girl because he can easily attract others.

You can't make him less needy. Sorry. Maybe just reassure him you like him.

0|1
    0|0
  • What type of needy? I need more context to make a suggestion.

0|0
    0|0
  • This cannot be helped... if Ur partner is understanding he will find an alternative... or u need to be strict

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh. Weird. It's usually the opposite. It would help to know the ways in which he's needy, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Needy men oh man...

0|0
    0|0
  • Typically Trump Douchebagery

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a job and send the fucker for a run 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes