The longer we date the needier he gets. How to create some space in a positive way?

It's getting over the top needy. Not looking for comments saying "why are you together then?" Just looking for advice on how to deal with a needy guy because I love everything else about him

29

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... that’s a tough one, honey.

Maybe start planning some things without him to create that space you need.

And talk to him if you need to.

Some guys are like that, but in other cases the guy behaves like that because he thinks that’s what you want.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's only long answers for this.

Make him a life.

Friends, hobbies, priorities, goals. And a lot of other things, I don't think this is something that you can do, or should do

• It makes sense, he probably doesn't have much else taking up his time

• It's a really odd thing, trying to change someone.

Just imagine, he wakes up one day, you hug him. Then put on your hands on his shoulders, look at him and say "I'm gonna give you purpose, I'll make you a life. You will be a man, that every woman wants, and I'm gonna break up if you don't because I won't feel right about you"

Not to mention that even if he does go trough with all this... he might turn into someone that you won't feel right about.

You can try! I don't care a lot about compatibility, I'll just make my partner's life better. 😅

• Haha I don't want to change him, I guess he just needs to have some more interests or spend more time with friends