Why are some women so cruel towards skinny girls?

I hear them say very mean things, such as they have bodies like a preteen boy or make fun of their boob/butt size. Lots of men find skinny girls to be very attractive and feminine. Why so much hate?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• This reminds me of something I've said somewhere before. This is just my opinion and it may be flawed but feel free to comment your own thoughts! :

People need to understand that being called 'too skinny', 'you're all bones', 'you look like you starve yourself' holds as much impact as 'you're fat', 'you eat too much', 'you fat pig'. It makes someone who is thin (and can't gain weight) feels just as insecure as someone who easily gains weight. Sometimes I feel like people disregard the voices of people who struggle to gain weight. To them, it's like "you should just be grateful that you can stay skinny no matter what you eat.". People think they have no insecurities or worries of how people view them. I'm tired of hearing things like, "oh I'm so fat, I gain, like **kg in **days. How I wish I can be skinny, etc". No. You don't wanna be skinny. You wanna be slimmer. When you're fat, you can exercise or go on a diet. It's a choice for you. It isn't a choice for skinny people to be skinny. There's nothing much we can do about the fact that our metabolism is very high. No matter how much calories we put into our meals or healthy exercise that helps to put on muscles, our body just won't cooperate. I wish people would stop complaining about something they have control over. And the fact that some people actually gets annoyed at someone who has high metabolism, gosh. Stop complaining.

I'm sorry if you feel offended 🙇 I just think I've never come across anyone who ever spoke about this though I'm sure people who face high metabolism problems have, at one point, felt the same way. I've experienced situations like these firsthand so I'm just kinda venting my frustrations too.

2|0
    0|0
    • I will point out, people often confuse the words skinny and slender. When a lot of peopke say skinny, they don't mean skin and bones skinny, thry mean slender and non-fat.

Most Helpful Guy

• Body shaming will always exist.
    Person: "Get out the gym and go eat a pizza!"
    Me: "Im at a desk all day and all I do is eat pizza"

It rarely makes sense, and often falls on the most egregious cases who are easy targets. As long as a person is healthy, who are we to judge.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah, cause guys have never in the history of everything called a girl ugly or fat.

People are cruel dude, but not everyone is.

2|0
    0|0
  • Usually jealousy. Or if the person is painfully, they could just be speaking the truth

Fat girls call skinny girls and vice versa, but it's generally because of their own immaturity and insecurities

0|0
    0|0
  • Because their are actually guys who prefer girls like those and they don't even have to try. And they get jealous because tried so hard. Them being insecure is also one thing. They change their body not for themselves but for someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think out of insecurity mostly. Skinny girls make fun of heavier girls as well. I think women in general are taught to compete and be mean to each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • when I was younger girls who were bigger than me would tell me I’d die because I was too skinny. that I was too skinny, and I couldn’t control it. I ate as much as I could but I could never gain any weight. girls constantly bully me about how skinny i am all the time and I can’t do anything about it. I’ve never ever called anyone fat in my life and I hate how people use the term fat in a negative way and same with the word skinny. I can’t control it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women love to criticise other women and men and themselves.. Just about everyone the majority is like that I think

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m a pretty skinny girl myself and I have been ridiculed because of it but no one has ever been downright nasty to me

1|0
    0|0
  • And on the other side you have men being cruel to and making fun of fat girls. People are assholes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be jealousy, could be that they are insecure and need to take others done to feel better about themself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because their wives back at home weight more than themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy perhaps? Arseholes will be arseholes. If it's not skinny women they are targeting, it is another group.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually someone who is in shape and great looking pisses off girls cause there jusst envious

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they’re jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • skinny girls are the best

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe because they're jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • Are they?

0|0
    0|0
  • Woman are cruel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just are

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of common sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy

0|0
    0|0
  • Past societal insistence that this relatively rare body type is the ideal.

0|1
    0|0
  • bc of todays body standards to be 'thicc'. i think skinnier looks better in my opinion , maybe those girls are jealous they can't look like that. and who says skinny doesn't have boobs? curves have to do mostly with fat distribution first so if you have a nice shape and skinny they can still have some boobs and butt.
    beauty standards change but i think it has always been favourable to be on the skinnier side.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they aren’t skinny themselves

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes