Why are some women so cruel towards skinny girls?

I hear them say very mean things, such as they have bodies like a preteen boy or make fun of their boob/butt size. Lots of men find skinny girls to be very attractive and feminine. Why so much hate?

1411

Most Helpful Girl

• This reminds me of something I've said somewhere before. This is just my opinion and it may be flawed but feel free to comment your own thoughts! :

People need to understand that being called 'too skinny', 'you're all bones', 'you look like you starve yourself' holds as much impact as 'you're fat', 'you eat too much', 'you fat pig'. It makes someone who is thin (and can't gain weight) feels just as insecure as someone who easily gains weight. Sometimes I feel like people disregard the voices of people who struggle to gain weight. To them, it's like "you should just be grateful that you can stay skinny no matter what you eat.". People think they have no insecurities or worries of how people view them. I'm tired of hearing things like, "oh I'm so fat, I gain, like **kg in **days. How I wish I can be skinny, etc". No. You don't wanna be skinny. You wanna be slimmer. When you're fat, you can exercise or go on a diet. It's a choice for you. It isn't a choice for skinny people to be skinny. There's nothing much we can do about the fact that our metabolism is very high. No matter how much calories we put into our meals or healthy exercise that helps to put on muscles, our body just won't cooperate. I wish people would stop complaining about something they have control over. And the fact that some people actually gets annoyed at someone who has high metabolism, gosh. Stop complaining.

I'm sorry if you feel offended 🙇 I just think I've never come across anyone who ever spoke about this though I'm sure people who face high metabolism problems have, at one point, felt the same way. I've experienced situations like these firsthand so I'm just kinda venting my frustrations too.

• I will point out, people often confuse the words skinny and slender. When a lot of peopke say skinny, they don't mean skin and bones skinny, thry mean slender and non-fat.

Most Helpful Guy

• Body shaming will always exist.
    Person: "Get out the gym and go eat a pizza!"
    Me: "Im at a desk all day and all I do is eat pizza"

It rarely makes sense, and often falls on the most egregious cases who are easy targets. As long as a person is healthy, who are we to judge.