Do you think this guy is trying to make me jealous, or do you think he still misses his ex?

Long story short, this guy and I met about 3 months ago and we’ve been texting each other ever since. He has told me multiple time that he likes me, but he kept talking about his ex, so I stopped talking to him for a while. Then he started texting me again, and things were going good.
He told me that he wanted to date me but he doesn’t want to do a long distance relationship, so I assumed that we were just friends. So I asked him, “we’re just friends, right?” And he responded with, “I don’t think it’s possible to be anything else.” However, he keeps talking to me about things that “just friends” wouldn’t talk about. About a week later, he told me that he has a crush on me, and I told him that I already knew that, and he said that he’d back off. Now, he texts me about his ex again and the stuff they did together, and about other beautiful women he’s sees around. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if he’s trying to make me jealous or what? He’s 28

01