Illegal boyfriend wants me to make an western union bank account for him so he can send money home?

My boyfriend and me have been in a relationship for quite long and since his passport has expired (UK) and he's lost his provisional license to actually make an account so he can send money back home to his family, its difficult for him. He has asked me to make an account for him, he cannot withdraw money from this account simply just send money back home.

Are there any complications through this?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume it's a crime, which means you are conspiring to commit a crime.

Would you get caught, and would anything happen if you did? Probably no and no. But probably doesn't mean it can't happen.

Is it morally wrong to help someone illegally stay in your country? Some would say yes, others would say no.

• I mean i'm just helping him send money back home because he needs to feed his family and many other things. I just do not want to get into any sort of trouble by doing this.

• I will do. I mean it's my personal account and I can choose to do whatever can't I? I'm just sending some money over to his family that's all.

• If it's in your name only and he has no access, I don't see much risk to sending money for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Erm. So he's basically an 'illegal immigrant" in the most basic sense. If he's not allowed here, he shouldn't be here! Besides, you'd be abetting (again in most basic sense) a 'criminal'
    So yeah, you could get -most likely- fines and that's.
    Your situation is dodgy. You best be careful.