Illegal boyfriend wants me to make an western union bank account for him so he can send money home?

My boyfriend and me have been in a relationship for quite long and since his passport has expired (UK) and he's lost his provisional license to actually make an account so he can send money back home to his family, its difficult for him. He has asked me to make an account for him, he cannot withdraw money from this account simply just send money back home.

Are there any complications through this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume it's a crime, which means you are conspiring to commit a crime.

Would you get caught, and would anything happen if you did? Probably no and no. But probably doesn't mean it can't happen.

Is it morally wrong to help someone illegally stay in your country? Some would say yes, others would say no.

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean i'm just helping him send money back home because he needs to feed his family and many other things. I just do not want to get into any sort of trouble by doing this.

• Show All
    • I will do. I mean it's my personal account and I can choose to do whatever can't I? I'm just sending some money over to his family that's all.

• If it's in your name only and he has no access, I don't see much risk to sending money for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Erm. So he's basically an 'illegal immigrant" in the most basic sense. If he's not allowed here, he shouldn't be here! Besides, you'd be abetting (again in most basic sense) a 'criminal'
    So yeah, you could get -most likely- fines and that's.
    Your situation is dodgy. You best be careful.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well he is illegal, to create a bank account you need legal documents to prove you are a citizen, you need proper ID/identification to prove who you are SSN etc, i dont think he can legally create an account

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never risk prison for somebody, no matter how cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starting in Jan 2018 banks and building societies start immigration status checks on personal current account holders. Just found this on google. Maybe something to do with it?

0|0
    0|0
  • How long is quite long?
    When did his passport expire?
    When did he lose his license?
    Where is he from?
    What's his job? Is he working legally?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, lol nothing serious. I know about CC bank fraud

0|0
    0|0
  • Why won't he just update his passport? If he's an illegal, he needs to be sent back.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if it goes towards some terrorist group. You'd be prosecuted

0|0
    0|0
  • "Are there any complications through this?" There are no complications through this

0|0
    0|0
    • like wouldn't i get into trouble? i mean if he gets caught tomorrow?

• Show All
    • Believing a teen on the Internet just because he says he's sure 😂
      Did you know that "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

• @Shoenron I didn't know that

• Hell no. That doesn’t sound right.

0|0
    0|0
    • what do you mean? can you explain?

• Just do it through crypto lol, less fees and easy

0|0
    0|0
    • No, he prefers that

• Show All
    • His family isn't in the UK

• Yeah but through email or something. Get the full story

• Don't do it! Bad idea!

0|0
    0|0
  • That's called aiding and abeting.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would I be in trouble if he ever got caught?

• Show All
    • First, im not against immigrants. As long as they come here legally.

This could fall under money laundering. If the feds find out.

• do you think so? I mean it will be my personal account which he will be sending money through.

• If you are sending money from your personal account to his family I guess you will not get in any troubles cause it's your account and you can decide where to send money.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes