Do you ever feel guilt when you know someone has feelings for you, yet you're incapable of loving them back?

I'm not a thrower of pity parties, but sometimes I feel bad for those who want to throw one.

125

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not responsible for other people’s feelings, it’s not your job nor your duty to do anything about them. Unless they’re family and/or good friends, it's probably even better not to get involved in other people’s feelings in the first place, but that’s just me. I've never felt guilty about this.

• I'm the same way, but the guilt comes from the fact that I saw their feelings coming, yet didn't do anything about it...

• @Darknut123 I believe that telling someone that you don't love them back is better than leading them to believe you love them and then eventually hurting them. So, good on you. But I agree that it's also a societal issue at this point.

• I don't know what happened to this country, between social media, cell phones and narcissism we crossed over.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel guilt, but I do feel sad for the woman.

People can't control if they're attracted to someone, thus there's nothing to feel guilty about. It's out of our hands. On the other hand, it's quite natural to feel sad when someone we care about is hurting.