Do you ever feel guilt when you know someone has feelings for you, yet you're incapable of loving them back?

I'm not a thrower of pity parties, but sometimes I feel bad for those who want to throw one.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not responsible for other people’s feelings, it’s not your job nor your duty to do anything about them. Unless they’re family and/or good friends, it's probably even better not to get involved in other people’s feelings in the first place, but that’s just me. I've never felt guilty about this.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm the same way, but the guilt comes from the fact that I saw their feelings coming, yet didn't do anything about it...

• Show All
    • @Darknut123 I believe that telling someone that you don't love them back is better than leading them to believe you love them and then eventually hurting them. So, good on you. But I agree that it's also a societal issue at this point.

• I don't know what happened to this country, between social media, cell phones and narcissism we crossed over.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel guilt, but I do feel sad for the woman.

People can't control if they're attracted to someone, thus there's nothing to feel guilty about. It's out of our hands. On the other hand, it's quite natural to feel sad when someone we care about is hurting.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. I can’t control how I feel, that’s nothing to feel guilt over.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't had that experience. Is that something you're going through now? If so, try not to feel guilty. The only reason you should ever feel guilty is when you don't upvote my answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. It's not my fault that they fell for me. Taking pity on them by trying to be nice, or hang out, or anything like that, is only going to confuse them and encourage further attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you can’t control other people feelings. I am in a relationship and one of the guy was a friend he likes me more then friends but I didn’t like him at all. Every one have different attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • i always feel bad, but i never let it stop me from pursuing my own happiness or guilt into being / staying with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • As matter of fact dear Sketch forger, nobody knows how, where and with whom they will be falling in love with or have feelings for. This is life, this is how it works.
    Usually, I take it on myself, how would I be feeling if I was having feelings for somebody who only considers me as a friend. Yeah, it hurts. Especially when people change their behavior as soon as they know the truth.
    Feeling guilty is most likely to happen, but it will not change the fact that I should be honest and respectful towards that person.
    In that particular case, the one you have described in the question, I would say the truth in a gentle way, and not change my behavior.
    Inside of me, I would feel hurt because I am aware how different and nice the situation could have been if I was able to love them back.
    As simple as your question seems, as hard as it is really when you deeply think about a real life situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I do. I don't love people instantly. I know I missed out on some relationships that could've lasted a lifetime. But I think it's more unfair to act or fake loving them

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I do feel bad when a few of my friends remind me that I friendzoned them or guys in general all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm not responsible for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do... but if you don’t feel it you dont feel it