Do guys pull away when stressed?

My boyfriend is in nursing school and has to take finals next week on top of working full-time as a paramedic, and he's been pretty distant lately. I want to believe it's just due to his crazy schedule right now, but I can't help but feel like it has something to do with me. Is this just a guy thing?
Do guys pull away when stressed?

1972

Most Helpful Girl

• RN here. Finals are stressful for everyone, but nursing school finals are a beast of their own. Most questions go along the lines of ‘here is a patient scenario. All of the answers are correct, but choose the answer that is the most correct.’ Let him focus on his studies, especially if he is also working full time. This is not the time for you to be needy or think that he should spend more time with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your boyfriend has one of the highest stress occupations of all, plus he has finals for nursing school which I can't imagine are easy... and you are trying to make it about you? Your boyfriends life doesn't revolve around you.