How soon would you tell your extended family that you are dating someone especially a foreigner given some rather unfortunate timing?

So, I am talking to a girl for 10 months now. We are essentially dating, but she is a foreigner and lives in another country. She will be moving to my country (she was doing so before we started talking), and we are going to formally start dating once she gets over here and assuming that nothing comes up between us. So far, no big deal.

Obviously there will be some skepticism from both her family and mine. We have both told our parents, and everything seems relatively fine so far (some skepticism but not excessively so). I am planning on telling my grandparents soon. However my grandma is about ready to pass. Unfortunately, she is too far gone to let her know. I don't want my news to take away from this time of mourning. As a general rule of thumb how long do you think that I should wait before starting to tell my extended family?

Alternatively, would it be better to wait until she is over here before I start to tell my extended family?

01