What to talk about on a date?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the worst person when it comes to dating, due to lack of experience, but according to the information I've gathered, a first date is an occasion to talk about light subjects, so just let the conversation wander and use details of what the other person says to ask them more about "HOW this? or WHY that?" which will let you learn more about them and will give them opportunity to talk about themselves (which everybody loves to do)
    Serious topics like work, politics, religion, etc. are generally no-go zones. I partly agree because it's easy to let small disagreements affect the overall feeling (hopefully positive) of the date. And I partly disagree because I'm close to autistic and find serious topics to be interesting in and of themselves because my brain never stops analyzing.
    Otherwise, you can possibly ask about siblings, rank in the children order and relation to other relatives. Or his last vacation. Or anything that elicits postive feelings. Example: "Think about the last time you had lots of fun and tell me about it!" or "Tell me about something amazing that blew your mind!".

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just not about religion and politics... that's what always some people say not to talk about... personally I think talking about it is fine too... just nothing that you can argue about

1|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1. Meeting your parents
    2. Marriage plans
    3. What you'll name your children
    4. Joint checking accounts
    5. BDSM
    6. Intestinal parasites
    7. Your personal grooming routine
    8. Past lovers
    9. Your mental health
    10. Conspiracy theories
    11. Ask for a small loan
    12. Abortion as a form of birth control
    13. Taking testosterone injections
    14. Shopping for sex toys
    15. Puppies

1|0
    0|0
    • I always start with intestinal parasites. Its good to spread life saving information.

What better way to say I care about you than with life cycle of ascaris and how it comes out of your nose if you don't wash your veggies

• @keenybmr Most people appreciate free medical advice

• First of all, avoid talking about politics, and if you have to talk about religion, dont judge and change the subject as fast as possible. Another thing you should avoid is making future plans for the 2 of you. While thinking about a second date is cool, going further is creepy. What you want to talk about is hobbies, favorite foods, interesting memories, friends, music, movies and similar stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating can be awkward like an interview it's easier if you do a fun activity date like crazy golf or rock climbing something where your doing something and a bit competitive so you can joke around then go for coffee normal chat about work siblings pets where you hang out

0|0
    0|0
  • People always ask what to talk about but really you should talk about anything that comes to mind, like if you remembered about your brother hitting that really awesome home run because your date said something about baseball then talk about it. Just say whatever comes to mind

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually try to be natural. Being nice, caring, confident and don't boosting and talking negative. It's like an interview sometimes I feel you gotta nail all the points, by just bring yourself. If they like you kudos if they didn't means it wasn't meant to happen

0|1
    0|0
  • That is a good question... Honestly I think I'd say just that to my date. Leads to some ideas or sarcastic banter haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Literally this 😂 just make it out as a joke question like " what do you even talk about on a date?" Add a nervous laugh and it will get going and topics will be bought up

1|1
    0|0
  • You could just start by getting to know him, what he likes, his aspirations in life, whatever. Then talk a bit about yourself and what you guys both like 🤷🏼‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • One should keep the topics light, say to movies, sports or any else that is not too serious or controversial to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • What you are looking for in the other person, and what kind of relationship you are shopping for.
    This is the thing couples don't talk about, but it's really the whole point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about each other equally what's your fav color what did you eat last how you feel do you like your job what's your fav food when's last time you took a vacation

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let her start on about something and then continue to probe her for more information. Most women love to talk about themselves so allow them to channel that. Just show you are attentively listening and when she stops talking about whatever she's talking about, pry for more information.

"Well I like going swimming but I just don't want to be cold and wet that early in the morning. I don't know."

"I like swimming early in the morning. It wakes me up. Are you a good swimmer?"

Shit like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehem
    1. What jobs dont you like?

2. What heros do you like and hate?

3. Wanna check art museums?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't think too much about what to talk about... Let the conversation evolve naturally... And for a conversation starter common interest are the best it can be some sports or about your school

0|0
    0|0
  • You generally just ramble for a long time until I notice I've been talking for like 15 minutes about a million things. Then I ask about her. Ezpz

0|0
    0|0
  • The other person 😉
    Talk is one part of an experince of another human, personaly i like to do something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you actually like them then talk about what you usually talk about and what your interested in

0|0
    0|0
  • If you won a million dollars, what's the first three things that you would do with that money?

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything and what ever comes to mind if you like the person you wil know

0|0
    0|0
  • I let the woman talk wonen love to hear their own voices

0|0
    0|0
  • You can talk about your family , college , you hobbies and your recent achievments

0|1
    0|0
  • What do you want to know about person X? Oh, A, B, & C? Well then ask them about It!

0|0
    0|0
  • On a 1st date!!! Conversation starts with some sort of intro, interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Which date first or second coz first must be more serious second ll be more hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about something you enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about me on your date

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends on who you're dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • world domination