What to talk about on a date?

1445

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the worst person when it comes to dating, due to lack of experience, but according to the information I've gathered, a first date is an occasion to talk about light subjects, so just let the conversation wander and use details of what the other person says to ask them more about "HOW this? or WHY that?" which will let you learn more about them and will give them opportunity to talk about themselves (which everybody loves to do)
    Serious topics like work, politics, religion, etc. are generally no-go zones. I partly agree because it's easy to let small disagreements affect the overall feeling (hopefully positive) of the date. And I partly disagree because I'm close to autistic and find serious topics to be interesting in and of themselves because my brain never stops analyzing.
    Otherwise, you can possibly ask about siblings, rank in the children order and relation to other relatives. Or his last vacation. Or anything that elicits postive feelings. Example: "Think about the last time you had lots of fun and tell me about it!" or "Tell me about something amazing that blew your mind!".

Most Helpful Girl

• Just not about religion and politics... that's what always some people say not to talk about... personally I think talking about it is fine too... just nothing that you can argue about