He never cries?

The guy I’m dating said he doesn’t cry. Doesn’t matter why. Someone could die and he wouldn’t shed a tear, not during a sad movie, nothing. Why is this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't really cry, I guess? He probably doesn't show it. Have you really seen him when some dies? I doubt it. But if this was real, he might be like eh when they die but then cry when no ones around. My guess.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm like him... I consider myself very compassionate so just because he doesn't cry doesn't make him heartless... but I think it's more like a wall that goes up that distances him from reality.

0|0
    0|0
    • I told him I’m going to try to make him cry, he said I wouldn’t be able to. He said maybe as our relationship deepens then I might be able to

• Yeah that's pretty true. Love does crazy things and brings down walls making me/probably him more vulnerable and emotions heighten

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That's because men don't cry, or at least that's what we're led to believe, so, over time, after holding it back for so long, it's almost like we just lose the ability altogether. I haven't cried since I broke my arm when I was like 10. I have worse injuries since then and lost a few people and pets along the way, yet I've not shed a single tear. It's weird because I can feel like crying, but the tears just never come.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not uncommon for guys. We're "programmed" by society to "be strong". It's "not manly" etc. I don't believe in all that, but even I don't cry often. I feel like it sometimes, but can't physically do it. It just doesn't happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its also difficult to have emotional tears for me, although this vid kinda made my eyes wet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude is letting his masculinity get too much in the way. He probably thinks he's impressing you by saying that to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes crying just doesn't come naturally. I also find it hard to cry for anything. Makes me feel bad during funerals and stuff though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I almost never cry, it's just the way I am. He's probably the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Just how people are sometimes he may struggle with showing his emotions

0|0
    0|0
  • You don’t have to cry to be sad

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that's anything to worry about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Punch him in the groin and watch his reaction lol

0|0
    0|1
  • it's because he never cries

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes