Why can't I stop thinking about her?

So 3 years ago I broke up with my ex feince. Shortly after I cowork who I had a crush on told me she was leaving her boyfriend, he was a violent acholic (never hit her though). Well 3 weeks later on my bday she calls me wishes me a happy birthday and tells me she dumped him and kicked him out we started hanging out and having "dates". Tells all her friends that if she start to like anyone like her ex to stop her. How we where hanging out and stuff everyone thought we where together. We had agreed not to get to together while I was still working with her ex-boyfriend.(they where closing my department and wasn't letting none of us change departments). Well after my last day we had another "date" and we had our first kiss and she said I was moving to fast. And she wasn't ready to be with anyone yet.

Fast forward 2 months she gets with a guy who just Got out of jail for beating his wife while high on meth.

Fast forward 3 years and I text her asking if she knew anyone looking for a job (Her boyfriend I knew he could do the work) she told she dumped him. And now I can't stop thinking of her

01