Is this bad or okay?

So I have a male online friend, he helps me out a lot with my relationship advice and everything. But I have a boyfriend, when I was single I was flirty with him but I don't do that anymore since I have a boyfriend who I absolutely like a lot. Is this bad? Is this cheating?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the conversations you have and if they both know of each other. When I was doing the online dating thing I retained a couple of men that I stay in contact with. I'm dating now, and my boyfriend is aware, and the guys I text are also aware. Although I will say none of my conversations have been beyond friendship so nothing sexual, and no intent, clearly stated... And since I was this way with him also he's comfortable. So if you have not built those boundaries then you should asap or cut your losses before your boyfriend cuts you. Also, I should just mention I'd be damned if my boyfriend wanted me to cut ties with people out of his own insecurities. I don't play that game, but again, cause I'm very black and white when it comes to this topic. There is no gray area.

• Exactly, and the male friend knew I had a boyfriend. I stopped talking to him after my boyfriend and I dated. But I just wanted to catch up with the guy friend to see what he was up to. But I quit talking to him again anyways. It was a one time thing, I told him I was still with my boyfriend. And this guy encouraged me to go out on a date with him when I began to talk to my amazing boyfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had issues with this before i got into a relationship. My significant other had issues with people that i knew from online. I think if you maintain some boundaries with the online friend i dont see an issue with continuing to talk to them.

• Exactly, I always talk about my boyfriend to him. It's strictly friends, I like my boyfriend so much. But I would be willing to end talking to him if my boyfriend didn't like it.

• Its something i had to do and it tore me apart. However if you really like your boyfriend then its a sacrifice that you might just have to take. On the other foot, i can see how some may see it as threatening especially if its someone from the opposite sex.

• That's true!