Does this girl actually like me or has she been messing with my head?

To start off I’ve known this girl for over a year and she was my coworker. I’ve been invited to her house with a friend of hers in the past, so we know each other pretty well. When we worked together, people thought we’d eventually date based on how we talked to each other.

Not too long ago she sent me an uplifting text trying to make me feel better when I was feeling stressed about my college classes. I started to wonder if she really was attracted to me.

Similarly I noticed she was down one day so I sent an uplifting text to her, but I got no response.

Later she came into work upset with our boss and I asked why through a text. This time she replies saying she forgot to send a text from the previous message and tells me she “thinks the world of me” and talks about how terrible our boss is.

Eventually I text her saying we should hang out again. Later I asked her through text if she wanted to hang out, she didn't respond. Next I ask her in person, she agrees and tells me she’ll text me the next day. She never does, but later my best friend from work says a legit issue came up and she never got to invite me. Again, I try texting her for new plans and another non response, the excuse was she didn't want to reply really late to my message.

From this point on I’ve been frustrated. I don’t want to ask her to hang out anymore because I don’t know if she really does. She’s the sweetest most kind girl and it seems out of her nature to lead people on, but I guess I could be wrong.

Do you guys agree that this girl is just messing with me? I don’t think there’s any other explanation. I mean why else would she ignore my messages?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• "Eventually I text her saying we should hang out again." Strike 1

"Later I asked her through text if she wanted to hang out, she didn't respond." Strike 2

"Next I ask her in person, she agrees and tells me she’ll text me the next day. She never does, but later my best friend from work says a legit issue came up and she never got to invite me." Strike 3

" Again, I try texting her for new plans and another non response, the excuse was she didn't want to reply really late to my message." Strike 4

How many times does she have to silently reject you before you will finally get the message?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe her excuses are legitimate? try to lay off for a few days, and see if she makes an effort to reach out to you!