Do you think men are obligated to pay for everything in relationships?

Updates:
Y'all, I didn't mean to state this in a way that made it seem I think that guys are obligated to pay. I think it should be equal in most cases, and personally I would want to spoil them so it'd be more me paying.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah snap the fuck out, ya know, when I go on a trip with girls, I make them dependable on me, maybe through the conversation. Then when I ask to split the bill, it's not so awkward. Because I'm providing value in a different sense, conversation. In that sense, she needs me to have fun. So if she technically "doesn't pay", she might feel awkward as if she don't pay, she might feel bad that I'm doing absolutely everything. Including spending my time, effort, energy and my money. Dating shouldn't be about money.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The only thing I have to do is die. Relationships are optional. Women have careers, make a lot of money and should have everything paid for by the man because she is a woman. Men are sacrificial in this society.

2|3
    0|0
  • No. I think that it may be polite/appropriate to pay for dinner or the movies every once in-awhile but I wouldn't say obligated. But it depends on the guy really. Some guys really like to pamper and shower their girls with possessions and may be the main way they show affection, but I believe that most guys, espescially around your age, would appreciate it if you paid for stuff every now and then.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The efficient way of doing it will be to divide accordingly to income. The non-controversial way is half-half.
    Exception include birthdays, anniversary, funerals, celebration, and suprises.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, a relationship should be a partnership of equals overall where each partner compliments the strengths and weaknesses of the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends, how is the relationship, if its like they are both outgoing and confident, I would say to split the check, if it is actual love, let him buy most of the things, like a 75 to 25 ratio

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If she doesn't at least pay her own way I would just leave. And until she pays my way first, I won't offer to pay her way at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no! It's a privilege, why should I pay for everything? I mean it's alright but everything will just make me bankrupt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pay for your own shit except when someone is nice enough to pay for you..

0|0
    0|0
    • Update: they used to, but nowadays its 50/50 in the beginning.. if later down the line the decision to have children is made obviously the man is going to have to provide until the wife is able to work again

• Yes. I've also heard of men who pay for everything in the relationship and get only the bills to pay, not the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but it's considered polite and respectful for the man to buy stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the situation and how a girl wants to be treated.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its 50/50 Andy woman that expects it is only looming for one thing your money

0|0
    1|0
  • i definitely do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything seems like a bit much...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup they're supposed to be a human bank account.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

I see girls with broke nibbas all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • No, gender equality and all that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always,,,, it should be shared

0|0
    0|0
  • No there should be a balance

0|0
    0|0
  • Obligated? No. But gentlemen do

0|0
    0|2
  • Here it is more cause the guys ego. Cause lot of guys be frustrated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care but stab me in the back and ill kill everyone i can

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want 'Equality' then women pay too!! Funny how 'equality' is only good when it works in women's favor!!
    With #Metoo, I am not paying for anything, and NOT asking ANYONE out!!

0|1
    1|0
    • Okay the #metoo movement was about coming out about sexual harassment or rape and has nothing do with whether a guy pays or not.

• Sorry you missed the point I was making...

• No they are nor

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the average girl is a wh*re by nature.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes