How do you know when you are ready to move on to someone else or if you are trying to fill the void of a previous relationship?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Mentally, your ready to move on when you've closed old wounds and it don't bother you anymore.

but chances are you need to replace that feeling of emptiness or loneliness "void" with something similar or better.

Physically, your ready to move on when you can pick yourself up again and know that, that one bad relationship don't mean they're all going to be bad, and your willing to take risks again by putting yourself out there having fun and start to enjoy life again (You need good mates for that).

Most Helpful Girl

• I moved on two weeks after leaving an abusive relationship. By move on, I mean I went on a date (and am currently still with that person 9 months later). I was NOT over what happened at all, I proably should have waited longer. Heart wants what it wants and Iโ€™m glad I found someone to move on with. He was no a ploy to make my ex jealous, or meaningless rebound sex. I met him, I liked him, and decided no better chance then the present. So happy I found him when I did.