My boyfriend and I have complete opposite love languages. Are we compatible?

Heโ€™s my best friend. We have been dating for 4 1/2 years, and living together for over 1 year. His love languages are doing things for him and gifts, where as mine are touch and quality time together. I make a big effort to try to show him love in his everyday, but he doesnโ€™t in mine. I have been unhappy because of it lately, but he is persistent on us not breaking up. Are we able to be happy together with such polar opposite views on showing love?

210

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course.

The truth of love languages isn't that you have the same love language it is just about learning what your partner's love language is and then doing things for them and expressing love to them in that language.

If you know your mate feels loved when you give gifts and do acts of service than DO acts of service and get him little gifts.

If he knows your love language is physical touch and quality time than he should touch you and hold you and cuddle and plan things to do together and make time for you.

Each just has to do the work to learn each other's and then put in the effort to love their mate in their mates LL. If he loves you and knows what it is you need to feel loved I can't imagine why he wouldn't do it.

Does he know it? Have you told him what yours is and told him you don't feel loved by him?

by the way, physical touch and quality time are mine top two also.

• I have talked to him multiple times about it, but nothing has changed. He gets so annoyed with me when I ask for those things, after doing the things he likes all day for him. Thank you for this, itโ€™s very helpful ๐Ÿ˜‡

• ps - if he KNOWS your love language but doesn't care and leaves you starving for love in the way he won't give... that's kind of a clear way of NOT loving you. Who really loves a woman and knows what she needs but doesn't care enough to give it?

I hope your guy comes around and starts making you feel loved or you find someone that will.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to speak to him. Tell him what you want and that its not just gifts.
    You already had a 4 and half year relationship, I don't think you guys could've come this far if you weren't compatible.

• He doesnโ€™t really show me love in his love language either.. itโ€™s pretty rare and far in between. Iโ€™ve talked to him multiple times already ๐Ÿ˜“

• What does he say?