When dating, why do guys see pride in girls as a bad thing?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally speaking; i don't view pride in this manner. I never find pride a negative trait. Although; there is a very thin line between Pride; Narcissism and Ego. We should always be aware to not mix them in one frame.

Additionally, reading from your comments; there are some other possibilities for your condition. Maybe you understood the tone of your opposition mistakenly. But also i would believe during such circumstances an open communication with your opposition is more effective and useful than asking an open question in a random website. Communication exist for a reason and using this tool you can solve many of the mysteries circling in your mind and find relief as well as saving time.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I know, that’s obvious, but thanks for pointing that out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because no one likes to run after the partner like a puppy. When official dating, there must be everything reciprocal... and both must compromise, and admit they're wrong when they are, sometimes pride doesn't allow people to do so.
    But it depends on what do you mean by pride, cause there are different forms of pride, and not all are negative

1|2
    0|0
    • Exactly. I’ve no idea what he meant. From most of the descriptions here I don’t relate to any.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It all comes down to looks.

If you see an average girl who is acting cocky, you think

"She looks stupid. She's no-were near good enough looking, to act like that. Big turn off"

If she's really good looking, you think

"Yeah, she's had attention since the day she hit puberty, so she doesn't know any different. Her looks clearly help her get what she wants"

1|0
    0|0
    • Same for guys

• Show All
    • He was just starting that's how it is

• Stating**

• It's not the pride, it's the degree of it. Women, especially western white women (in my experience, any how), are unbelievably arrogant and entitled. They generally have no issues giving a man 15 kinds of crap for not meeting their (usually insane) expectations, and then have the nerve to complain when the guy just gives up trying to make her happy. A little bit of pride wouldn't be an issue, but women take it to the next level, and it's nauseating.

2|4
    0|0
  • Pride or do you really mean narcissism excess that leads to intolerable bitch? There is nothing wrong with pride if coupled to humility, male or female.

2|2
    0|0
    • Well he said pride. Maybe he meant something else? Who knows. But I think he’s misread it either way probably.

• Because usually pride is more like arrogance and self-importance. That's why you see these super hot girls who are always single. They're not unlucky, they're so into themselves they ignore everyone else.

3|3
    0|0
  • Because most women think that they are better than men, especially if they have pride. To be honest most women have zero pride as they will suck random cock int eh bathroom of the club...

2|1
    1|1
    • Most women suck random cock in the bathroom. Interesting women you associate with lol

• Show All
    • You're a lucky guy

• Oh dear!

• It depends on the ammount of pride, too much pride in anyone is a turn off for me at least but i personally love girls that actually value themselves and think theyre amazing because usuually so do i and then we already have at least one thing in common lol

1|1
    0|0
  • How is it a bad thing, you might want to find some other men. Haveing pride in ones self goes with haveing self respect and confidence, though too much can be bad with guys and girls alike because arrogance is terrible.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends how much, if you possess a lot of pride, you might be less likely to ask for help because you believe in your abilities too much. With it, you could be condescending too.

Alternatively, he might just not want to compete with lions.

2|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what they have pride in, that can be the issue.

1|0
    0|0
    • What type of pride would be the issue?

• There's self pride, and their is pride in accomplishments.

A successful lawyer, for instance, has a valid pride.
      While someone who is proud because they feel that are great, but don't have anything to back it up, is bad.

Typically this means someone who is proud of what they were given. Like looks, inherited status and whatnot.
      Looks can be something to be proud of, IF someone works at it. By that, I mean physically fit, not just done with make-up.

• That makes sense

• I highly doubt that all guys see pride in girls. I also doubt that all girls are prideful to begin with. For the rest that are, I guess it's because there is a VERY FINE LINE between pride and arrogance. So if one's pride is too much, it may pass off as looking arrogant, and no one likes that, and it'll be the same for girls seeing pride in guys too.

1|1
    0|0
  • Really the only pride we'd have a problem with is the same a woman would have with men. Most of the time I like a girl who is proud of herself and confident.

2|0
    0|0
  • There are different sorts of pride.
    - Pride of being something (lame)
    - Pride of achieving something (nice!)

Women are human beings... they only need to exist in order to be recognized and valued, and therefore they achieve little. Meanwhile, men are human doings because mere existence gets them nothing in life and women won't give a f... about them unless they achieve stuff.

So, pride in women tends to be the bad sort of pride.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s definitely not true. In my line of work you have to earn respect regardless. There’s nobody there to do it for you, you have to prove yourself as does everyone else.

• Show All
    • Maybe that works if all she wants is a quick fling - which women mostly don’t by the way.

• You don't have men laying at your feet? Really? Look at it this way... these 2 ways, actually:
      - how many times in your life have men tried to pick you up, ask you out, or told you their desire for you? Assuming you are "average" (no dire physical problem, no hyper aggressive behavior...) it has to be several... let's say at least 2 per year... though I'd imagine more. Contrast this with an average close to zero for an average man.
      - our put your picture (just one, of poor quality, even) on a dating website... it won't take you more than 10 minutes (and I'm being generous here) to find men laying at your feet.

Quality men going with women who don't do stuff? Ever heard of housewives? Ever heard of high status men going out with stone secretary? You'll find many. Ever see the reverse? Actually it does happen but this is rare. You even find nowadays women who have a high education who can't find love because they refuse to go with lower status men.

• For the same reason a lot of girls see pride in a guy as a bad thing. Pride can quickly verge into arrogance if unchecked by humility.

1|4
    0|0
  • Pride is not a bad thing, it's how you express it. There's no feeling comparable to feeling proud over the accomplishments of your significant other, so a girl feeling proud over something she's done is great as long as it doesn't go to her head.

1|0
    0|0
  • The ones who see a female with pride as a negative they have an issue with themselves

Unless the pride is a ego issue that effects her life, his or others

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't but some of you " Girls " Need to get over yourselves. Mainly because I can literally hear your intelligence drop the longer you speak

1|2
    0|0
  • Huh? Not really sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?

1|1
    0|0
    • I wish I could but I’m not even sure what he meant myself

• Well, not every boy does. Some guys love that pride, and thats the very thing that attracts guys. Sometimes in relationship too much pride can hurt others feeling, and the guy assumes it as ego. You should just talk about it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • There Is pride and self obsession. Confidence is sexy. But only talking about yourself or how good you are is self obsession. A confident person can is interested in others and sees the value in others.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated a girl and fell in love with her and had all the pride for her in the world. When she broke it off I realized that empowering those you are with just leads to cheating. It's better in the long run to be an ahole. The girls say more likely to stay.

0|0
    1|0
  • Almost every girl that seems prideful is narcissistic

2|3
    0|0
  • I just don't want to see narcissism, cockiness, and disillusion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because those girls most of the time don't care about their partners opinion because they think that they're always right and usually put themselves above others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pride is not a bad thing to have when you are by yourself but, being modest is a is much more better when you are supposed to get into a lifetime commitment.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's bad when she's proud to be a slut. It's bad when she's attention seeking. It's bad when she treats a guy like shit because she knows she can easily get another

1|0
    0|0
  • I kind of see pride a generally a bad thing. I think I might just be associating it with arrogance, being an asshole, being hateful, and some other things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men who see pride in girls as a bad thing really shouldn't be dating

3|0
    0|0
  • Men don't, insecure guys might as it challenges their position. But mentally stable and secure men have no issues with pride, in fact, its quite sexy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men want submissive women for the most part. Pride tends to prevent someone from depending on another emotionally

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a fine line between pride and vanity/arrogance.

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't have a problem with a girl being proud of something she worked hard for. But thinking she's special and looking down on others that's just arrogance.

• It's not a bad thing we just don't want them getting a big head and taking over the show and being a shot caller the ruler of the relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Because there is a thin line between pride and arrogance

1|2
    0|0
  • Guys loves their partner happy and guys get jealous of other guys. They want beautiful then other. And that's the pride

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's an amazing thing. And I believe all girls should have that in them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pride is different from arrogance and many girls can't tell the difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because often times girls will take it to a level of narcissism rather than pride.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see all the girl that's i choose to date are good cause she is my choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something is misleading you

2|0
    1|0
    • What do you mean?

• I'll be happy if girls has pride no any good guy will have problems with a girl's pride it's good 😊

• Sometimes...

1|0
    0|0
    • Can you explain...

• Too much pride is like too much pressure on the guy. Being an easygoing person mostly works better

• pride is fine. conceit is not. it's a fine line.

2|1
    0|0
  • Its because it is masking ither insecurities.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause we get shamed for taking pride in ourselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why

1|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't aware they did.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because pride isn't a virtue

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what your proud of.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be sure we need that we get it from our mother's

1|0
    0|0
  • they want to control her to feel like real men

1|0
    0|1
  • Not really

1|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean

0|0
    0|0
    • No idea actually, this is why I’m asking an open question. This guy just asked me if I’m prideful with a sort of disagreeable tone.

Show More

Recommended myTakes