What do you think about the girls who make the first move to approach their crush?

Do you guys like it or not? If you like it or not, and then why?
What do you think about the girls who make the first move to approach their crush?
  • Yeah i like it
    Vote A
  • I dont like it
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are more emotionally attached to everyone than boys. The fear of rejection is equal in both the genders. Girls too fear rejection and therefore think it is better for a boy to approach her instead of the other way. The society told girls to be unexpressive and not to open mouth about anything. This was a past thing however that 'Boy approaches Girl' ritual had passed onto the newer generations and has been tagged ‘romantic' still things are changing. In this age, where people promote Gender equality, I think girls should too propose to the love of their lives and believe me they do. I have seen a lot of relationships flourish where the girl approached the boy first. There is also another reason which I think can be the reason for girls not approaching boys is because even if the boy accepts to be together, there might be a fear lurking somewhere in the girl's mind about him not loving her enough because males are not too expressive about their love. A boy approaching her first guarantees that the boy really wants to be with her and love her. She also fears - what will happen if he announced in the whole class or public. Most guys are not ready for a girl who does the chasing. They consider it their territory to do the chasing. A girl who chases, they immediately lose interest in them. The chasing girl is not the “family” type for them. A chasing girl is seen as desperate or easy by the guy, a vibe that a girl does not want to give at all. This gives the girl no other option other than to send subtle signals and hope the guy picks up on them. They do not want to look like an idiot. There are girls which do confess their feelings and accept the answer. It is just stereotypical that a guy is supposed to approach first. Feminism does not mean that girls want to overpower men just so that we can prove what we females are capable of doing. Being a feminist and making a first move are not related. Also it differs from one woman to another. So making the first move is independent of both nationality and Feminism. Times are changing so are people, Indian women are just taking some time. I am a woman, I am a feminist, I am Indian, I proposed my husband would be and he was happily surprised for that. Proposing him was perhaps one of the best moments we both have shared. He managed to make the thing traditional and everything went correct. I really wish this normal change someday. We try to be but people should support it too.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts^^

• Preach U go girl

• . Guys are just as likely to get attached to women, and tend to fall faster if anything. Also, men are the ones that deal with rejection more since they initiate much more often than women. So women who don't initate often, can't handle rejection as good as men, and that's the cop out excuse a lot of women have when asked why they don't approach men first (the other being.. "men are supposed to!")

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's great- she definitely gets the guy's attention instead of sitting around and wondering if and when he'll notice her, plus she gets the guy she wants rather than merely the one who approaches her, who may not be the one she really wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always allow a possibility for love. I think it's ok, because I approach girls I like, it's only fair that I feel the same way about women approaching me if they like me. If she comes up and grabs my cock, probably not a good first move (this happened to me). Anyway with that being said, it does not mean that it will always work out, but it also might.

1|0
    0|0
  • You know, I've made first moves before, or just simply stated my interest, but there are a lot of guys who perceive that as an invitation to casual sex. If you want a serious relationship, I've found that waiting for the guy to chase you is a better move.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I will like it, if a girl makes a first move I will be very happy and would not let her down.
    Mainly because I'm a shy guy and I take so much time over thinking that by the time I finally have the guts to do it, she's gone.
    Its like an over-wrought feeling.
    Point is, I think its about time women also make the first move,
    Yes please :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Back in the day...
    When a girl would make a move on me, .. I'd be like... "that's my job".
    I still remember a total stranger coming up to me and making a comment.
    I'm still flattered to this day, but I didn't think too much of her as a person.

I always liked approaching, reading for any signals of receptivity.

What happen to the good old days when men approached women?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think nothing of it. Generally, when a girl does that she makes small-talk so by the end of it I'd be thinking, "oh, some random chick just came up and talked to me. Weird. Wonder why she did that. Probably does that with lots of guys so I won't read anything into it."

0|1
    0|0
    • Basically this. Unless the woman comes up and is totally direct about her romantic interest, I'd just assume she's being friendly. Unless it's a woman I've known for a while and know of her mannerisms would I pick up on any flirty moves being made.

• Do it if you sense he’s interested. It’s a scientific fact that women read body language way better then men so if your intuition is telling you he’s attracted to you, then why not. Be prepared if he’s shy you will be doing quite a bit of the first moves until he’s well comfortable. Sometimes even when you tell them you like them they can still be slow and take a sloths pace

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, but a lot of times I'd wonder. I bet she does this often... Then I just have to see how much interest she shows. How much time we spend together. And also keep salary details secret. I'll be myself, if she's still sticking around? Great! If she asks a bunch of questions, maybe I'm interesting? :) MAYBE!!! but no one should get too attached right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • This whole 'make a move' thing here on GAG is hilarious. If you think saying 'hi' is making a move then go for it. Start the conversation. If you think a woman leading in a relationship is the answer you'll find it isn't what you thought or had hoped for. A guy that can't or won't lead, can't make decisions, is crappy in bed, and cries a lot, is just not what most women want. Period.

Love can't start 'till attraction does, and then there needs to be a conversation. :)

0|0
    0|1
  • I NEED a woman that is confident in herself, and what she wants and likes, that she can approach me, and just say!! yeah, she risks rejection, but so do all the guys that do the same, all the time!!
    If she approaches me, even if I am not immediately attracted, I love her initiative, and confidence, even if she is just trembling, because I know how hard it is, just taking that risk! I almost always say yes, and talk, and go out or whatever she suggests!!
    Love it when she blushes, and seems SUPER-NERVOUS, because I have been there, and it is SOOOOOO SUPER-COOL that she made the effort!!!

1|2
    0|0
  • Pretty much all of the dating I've done has been online. I have recently been getting nowhere with some "matches" because they won't even respond to my initial greeting to them. If a woman likes me, whether she finds me online or IRL, if she makes the first move, I may be more inclined to respond favorably. Given I'm equally as interested in her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. Especially since I'm shy and not very good at talking to girls i like. When they make the first move it helps me he at ease because I know they're interested. My only relationship so far was initiated by the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I love it when ladies make the first move, then there isn't the questioning if she's serious or just trying to fuck with me like I have had/gotten in the past, resulting in a rough trip to the friend zone...

0|1
    0|0
  • My wife approached me first, so I guess you could say it worked out for us. I don't think there's anything wrong with either gender making the first move.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone can start it. It shows confidence and maturity if she does

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in relationship because of that and I'm really love her now

1|0
    0|0
  • When a woman makes the first move it can be freeing him... most of the time men are expected to do this... but what happens when a woman makes her move is we freeze for being unfamiliair with this situation. I guess a lot of guy realize what happend when the are alone again... in the car or at home... so it may look or feels like he doesn't like it... it is more a "wtf" schock effect... mild panic attack... 😃

0|0
    0|0
  • I share the point of view of the ones who already comented. I am shy myself, it wouldn't be a great idea if I tried to take the iniciative.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, women are hard to approach because their are to many of them who trip out and want to ruin men. Who can tell whos who? Last thing i want is to end up on a #metoo tag. (This creep.. Blah.. Blah.. Blah..) 😱😵

0|1
    0|0
  • French women have been doing this a very long time.. they aren’t usually wrong...

But in your cuture, it’s not approved of? Mostly not acceptable in the US either.

0|0
    0|0
    • French women are quite direct when it came to the stuffs like that lmao

• Show All
    • In my country, people tend to judge the women who did the first move lmao. But I hate this stereotypes as well

• An Indonesian girl here in the US flirted when I was a teenager and she got spanked for it.

• I wouldn’t littering up this app with comments if my 15yo grandmother didn’t decide to get my 21yo grandfather in a time where that was very frowned upon for several reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's why I hate today's women. They think they're better than guys. Women think they're self conscious when they're actually just being foolish. Timid women don't make confident men.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends what you mean by first move; trying to get close to a guy is fine, but a girl being the one to ask HIM out is a gigantic turn off.

I won't deal with a woman who is impatient and refuses to wait for me to act. I do the asking, not her.

0|0
    0|3
    • Why would a woman asking you out be a turn off? You honestly wouldn't mind an attractive girl or your crush asking you out? lol

The only reason why I see a minority of men having issue with this is because
      1). They don't want to be approached by women they don't like and having to turn them down
      2). They want control. Being the initiator has its own power. You get to be flexible and choose whenever and specifically who you want to court on their own terms.

• Well duh, I want things on my own terms. If some girl is like "screw waiting for this guy, I'm asking him out now." she's going to have issues down the line when I want to be slower than she want with things or whatever

• I've only had it happen once, but I liked it a lot. Even though I didn't like her back, I respected her for it and I liked being asked still. More women should do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • i mean it's a brave thing to do but well the same consequences apply for girls that do it as do for men that do... you should better be able to take a crushing rejection xD that's why it's called a "crush".

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because we might be and mostly feel the same way but we might not want to seem awkward or to even bring it up. Plus it shows confidence in yourself which is a good trait

1|0
    0|0
  • Every relationship I have been in the girl made the first move... I guess I'm a guy that don't like to be shot down so if they come to me its not a worry anymore...

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve done this because I feel it’s important to let someone know so u know if I should go through on something

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cool. Instead of waiting they go for it. And most of the time, they try to keep what they caught.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lets face it the guy shouldn't always have to be the one to man up. Sometimes girls should have to prove themselves and admit it... if they do its hot

1|0
    0|0
  • I, as a man, do not like it. I am old-school and believe I should chase the woman I am attracted to and not the other way around. However, she should give me hints so I know I can approach her and get a positive answer from her.

0|0
    0|0
  • In this confusing age, it would certainly help more than hurt if more women did, and I think more should!

0|0
    0|0
  • In my own honest opinion I like it, appreciate it and honor it a lot dear Honglitha. Regardless the gender, male or female, if you like someone, just let them know.
    Maybe that person did not notice you because they were in a group of people for example too busy to look over their shoulder.
    I still don't know why there are people who would like to sit and wait for prince charming to come on a horse and give them the missing shoes while they can just go and get them.
    Personally, if I like someone, I would just go and open up a conversation with them to know them better. If it goes well, I will certainly open up my heart even if it means I will be rejected. We all get rejected, get over it and move on.
    From a previous personal experience, my friend was crushing on a guy. After 3 years I pushed her myself towards him. What can I say? They have been married since 2009 and living happy with a baby :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mad respect for their disregard of peoples opinions, and taking that risk for little ol' me? Aw Shucks

0|0
    0|0
  • I appreciate it
    I appreciate the honesty of it where I loathe the inherent dishonesty of the usual "games"
    I think we would all be better of with more sincerity

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like someone, let them know. That goes for both sexes. Girls approach me all the time, and I'm always flattered, even if I don't want to go out with that particular girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends if she is to foward a guy thinks she is ether to chatty or looking for hook up if she can do it by talking a bit about hobbies an ask what e likes an find things you both have in comn then a guy ferls like wanting to date her

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t do it. Been there, done that! If he likes you enough, he will approach you. If he hasn’t, he doesn’t like you, so why waste your time!

0|0
    2|4
    • Welcome to rejection and men's life. lol. Just because you initiate doesn't mean you will successfully court them every time, let alone half the time.

• Welcome to the life of a man.

• I'd just say they're more confident than many girls or women out there

0|1
    0|0
  • I think Its a good Idea, More women should do this Instead of crying that men dont approach them

1|0
    0|0
  • There's absolutely nothing wrong with women making the first move. You will have an overwhelming majority of men being very happy about it. Guys are tired of always making the first move in everything and want a break for once.

But you will need to get used to rejection just like men, because approaching people doesn't guarantee a successful courtship 100% of the time, let alone 50%, unless you're really attractive. But at least, you get yourself out there and its better than nothing and waiting for them to come to you, which will likely never happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that if a girl makes the move then she is a confident person who goes after what she wants

2|0
    0|0
  • I think if someone likes someone they should make the move

1|1
    0|0
  • It's great when a girl decides to do the approaching.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is the best possible thing if that happened to me if the one i love approaches me.. i dont think its bad and will make us realise we live in a more open society

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine, it definitely takes some of the pressure off of men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of all the relationships I've done the approaching... so yeah, I am all for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kudo's for her! Sometimes if us girls don't get something started it just stays at a standstill.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont understand why there are women who are afraid to make it, we are who have the weaker side at this point

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes