Did you forego relationships in high school?

I was homeschooled through high school myself, and as a result my social circle lived farther away than that of most people. So my life - friends, community, etc was always a car drive away, and I didn't have a license until I turned 18. I didn't have a job or a car, and I felt that I wasn't really in a position to pursue romance.

Maybe it's different when you live in the same area as each other and have time after school to spend time together, but when I end up bused to the next town by friends on the weekend to where my actual social life is, I was just at the mercy of convenience and others' schedules. No money, no transport, and sheer distance from the people I knew and interacted with was quite the barrier.

So I was just curious who else had to put off any relationships during those years, and why they did.Did you forego relationships in high school?
  • I did
  • I did not

1812

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually did. I've witnessed relationships in high school... Nothing but drama. People don't understand that we are still learning and maturing, DEVELOPING in high school. We were impulsive and emotional as well as hormonal. After graduating.. Those relationship didn't and still don't matter. Perhaps maybe 12th grade but even that.. People have plans and go their different ways. We begin to adjust to real life. Relationships in school seems like a huge headache and unnecessary do I avoided it at all cost.

Most Helpful Guy

• Feel bad for you man. Still, high school isn't the end of the line. This guy right here had friends in high school but lost touch with them later, because he could only see his own problems. Don't make the same mistake.

• No need to feel sorry for me mate. I had good friends and they are still good friends to this day - probably a perk of our friendships being completely unrelated to school.

• Awesome!