Did you forego relationships in high school?

I was homeschooled through high school myself, and as a result my social circle lived farther away than that of most people. So my life - friends, community, etc was always a car drive away, and I didn't have a license until I turned 18. I didn't have a job or a car, and I felt that I wasn't really in a position to pursue romance.

Maybe it's different when you live in the same area as each other and have time after school to spend time together, but when I end up bused to the next town by friends on the weekend to where my actual social life is, I was just at the mercy of convenience and others' schedules. No money, no transport, and sheer distance from the people I knew and interacted with was quite the barrier.

So I was just curious who else had to put off any relationships during those years, and why they did.Did you forego relationships in high school?
  • I did
    Vote A
  • I did not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually did. I've witnessed relationships in high school... Nothing but drama. People don't understand that we are still learning and maturing, DEVELOPING in high school. We were impulsive and emotional as well as hormonal. After graduating.. Those relationship didn't and still don't matter. Perhaps maybe 12th grade but even that.. People have plans and go their different ways. We begin to adjust to real life. Relationships in school seems like a huge headache and unnecessary do I avoided it at all cost.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Feel bad for you man. Still, high school isn't the end of the line. This guy right here had friends in high school but lost touch with them later, because he could only see his own problems. Don't make the same mistake.

0|0
    0|0
    • No need to feel sorry for me mate. I had good friends and they are still good friends to this day - probably a perk of our friendships being completely unrelated to school.

• Awesome!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Similar situation where I lived in the country outside of town. Didn't really ever see my friends outside of school so my social life was practically dead. But I also didn't want to date because I figured MOST high school romances don't last so there was no point.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have any relationships in high school. I was bullied in middle school, which really destroyed my confidence so I felt like no guy would ever want to be in a relationship with me. I was also super shy and quiet and kept to my small circle of friends. Maybe that made me unapproachable? I had crushes on a few guys but nothing ever came of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did and I didn't. I dated one guy in high school for a little while, but I wasn't really into him nor was I really into anyone else. I went to school about an hour bus ride away from my house too, so it was kind of difficult to make plans with people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometime but I am end up breaking up since high school relationship didn't meant any thing. When I did started a college and did date until my last ex boyfriend from college. did cheated and dump him and move on to a better guy that is my current boyfriend that i did met on facebook. my boyfriend go to a different college.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a 3 year Steady, Then Dated a few in school, After I broke it off with my Steady.
    I really Went Wet and Wild after my School Days. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I did, mainly because I went to a very religious school, and dating was frowned upon and unless you were thinking about getting married young relationships were a no go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did because I didn't really care about dating. Also there were like no lesbians at my school other than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had friends but no girlfriend in highschool. I wanted a specific girl which blinded me to all the other options.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was actually grateful that I was in that same situation for most of High school. It "tided me over" so to speak in the romance department when an actual relationship just wasn't realistic

• I went to a single sex school and I didn't really associate with any girls who weren't family until I went to uni. Now my best friends are female. I have had a few relationships but only since I started uni.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did forego relationships in high school. Not because I wanted to but because no girls ever took any interest in me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to a girl school so because I'm not a lesbian I didn't have a high-school fling. That said, I was invisible to the opposite sex and didn't get asked out and couldn't ask people out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have any boyfriends as a teenager because I was a late bloomer. I am actually glad because I think it protected me from a lot of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually didn't, but in my school there weren't many couples anyway. I just never tended to like guys my own age and I wanted to focus on my education

0|0
    0|0
  • I had some different priorities and I was never interested in having a relationship. I mean I never tried to do anything conciously

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't have any close friends in HS. My best friend in Jr. High got into a lot of drugs in HS and we drifted apart. So yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of. I was and still am nervous about introducing someone else to my personal life. I’m also afraid that I won’t have what it takes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have any relationships in HS as the young ladies/"women" there sucked...

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. I was bullied in school and so very wary of boys that I never had an relationship till now

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in middle school (if those count), but I did in high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was homeschooled. Met a bad boy on instagram. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had one. Didn't see the need for one in high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 18 myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I havnt finished but I don't think I will

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried not to but I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't ever been in a relationship and I'm 28.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes to play the field.

0|0
    0|0
  • I crushed on her, she didn't want. Later I heard she had to work hard in HS and didn't want a relationship while still studying. She too crushed on me. By the time we got to different colleges, she started dating but I had moved on.
    Bad luck. Too bad.

When we see each other once a year we feel OLD friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes