Would you date someone who is an atheist or a different religion than you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an aetheist who dated a catholic, and we had no problem with it. It's a relatively small subject of life to avoid bringing up. Especially so if you just don't care one way or the other. Like, Hitchens probably would have a hard time of it, 'cause he's full of himself. Let the believers believe what they want, its no skin off my nose. If the person's worth it, be okay with performing whatever rituals they might ask you to perform, BUT discuss with them a frequency of indulgence in these rituals that would keep both of you satisfied (i. e. try for less often but allow them often enough, figure out which are most important to them and bring your A game to those ones). Sitting there in a pew for an hour a week contemplating morality with my wife didn't seem all that hard, and Christmas is totally worth the hassle

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I couldn’t, I grew up in a Roman Catholic family and I myself am atheist and always have been. It caused a lot of friction in my life and though I would never intentionally offend or dishonour someone based on their faith I’ve become an elitist in that I feel religion is a crutch for a magnitude of short comings. So... no, unfortunately I’m just not that open minded

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm the same way... I would like to say religion wouldn't play a factor... but I know it will eventually down the line

• Yep hhhh

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• As long as they don't push their religion on me

0|0
    0|0
  • I would, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Not an atheist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell ya

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it would open your mind

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Date is to know each other personally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well atheists usually have no respect for life and are just hateful people, so that's a no from me. I would date someone who believed in a higher power.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ya just because they have a different religion then you dosent me you can't date them

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. I don’t care about religion. Everyone is different and has each of their own beliefs

0|0
    0|0
  • M an Indian so literally I will say that it depends...

I mean if you have to select a guy to fall in love with then you will choose the one whose religious beliefs are more coinciding with yours...
    Otherwise if you really love someone then religion is no longer a barrier...
    You both together can cross it easily

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes