NEED ADVICE ASAP?

Okay, so my sister is 16 and she told me about how she met this guy online and they are in love and whatnot and have been dating for almost a year, but they are online dating so they are in different countries also he’s like 25 years old which the legal age of consent is 16 years old in both locations and tbf they haven’t even met and are waiting a couple years till they meet anyways. She has been lying about her age because she doesn’t want to lose him and is worried if she tells him the truth now, that he’ll dump her. I don’t know what to tell her to do cos she really is in love with him and he is too and she is actually way more mature than any other teenage girl these days lol tbf. She wants to wait till she is around 17 and a half to tell him that way she is almost 18, but he deeply hates liars so she is stuck in a rut. Any advice I can give her?

013

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if he is very much in love with her then the age shouldn't matter. He should know the age, but it should only come from her. He should be able to see that she can be honest and how mature she is for telling him the truth. If he truly loves her then there shouldn't be a problem, then again when he knows he might be more upset because she lied the entire relationship about her age. So my point is, she needs to tell him to avoid future relationship problems