NEED ADVICE ASAP?

Okay, so my sister is 16 and she told me about how she met this guy online and they are in love and whatnot and have been dating for almost a year, but they are online dating so they are in different countries also he’s like 25 years old which the legal age of consent is 16 years old in both locations and tbf they haven’t even met and are waiting a couple years till they meet anyways. She has been lying about her age because she doesn’t want to lose him and is worried if she tells him the truth now, that he’ll dump her. I don’t know what to tell her to do cos she really is in love with him and he is too and she is actually way more mature than any other teenage girl these days lol tbf. She wants to wait till she is around 17 and a half to tell him that way she is almost 18, but he deeply hates liars so she is stuck in a rut. Any advice I can give her?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if he is very much in love with her then the age shouldn't matter. He should know the age, but it should only come from her. He should be able to see that she can be honest and how mature she is for telling him the truth. If he truly loves her then there shouldn't be a problem, then again when he knows he might be more upset because she lied the entire relationship about her age. So my point is, she needs to tell him to avoid future relationship problems

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Thats super messy. She should come clean now and deal with the fallout. Also that relationship is inappropriate. Why is a 25 year old man having an online only relationship. My advice to you is to tell her there are other men. She has decades ahead of her to find someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not be so desperate and dumb? I mean I hate to be blunt but she clearly doesn't understand that she's going to find someone she cares about just as much, if nor more in the real world. Sadly though at her age, if you try to tell her the truth, she's just going to resent you for it. There's not much you can do besides just let her get hurt and learn for herself.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's so young and got her whole life in front of her to be worrying about someone who's across sea. 25 and sexually active.. But im so glad she so mature for her age tho. Anybody who be lucky to grow old with her...

2|0
    0|0
  • Being honest is the best policy- if he truly cares for her, he'll listen and understand her reasons. If he breaks up with her, then he wasn't right for her in the first place.

2|0
    0|0
  • She thinks she's in love with him - she's never met him and probably never will. Again, she's not dating him, she has never met him.

Point out to her that to date and love someone, you actually need to meet them.

1|0
    0|0
  • The longer the lie goes on the more betrayed he will feel.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can tell him instead of your sis... Tell him truth.. and give him space for thinking and making decisions...

0|0
    0|0
  • How old did she say she is?
    I dont think it will turn out good for her because she started the relationship with a lie about her age.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think she told him she was 18 or 19, I think he believes she’s 19

• 3 years isn't that much. But she did still lie about her age with him. If he really hates liars then it will be hard for him to trust her. But if he really does love her then it can work out.

• She isn't in love.

Tell your parents. If she has been lying to the guy, tell him too.

0|0
    0|0
  • This will never workout

0|0
    0|0
  • U might have to get her outta there.

1|0
    0|0
  • as a 21 year old, you should know better, that he is a predator

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn’t know her age you dumbass. She lied to him so it’s not his fault and still the age of consent is 16 so them online dating doesn’t seem like the end of the world tbf

• Show All
    • You’re ridiculous

• I'm not telling you anything, you don't already know, just refuse to accept

Recommended myTakes