What does it mean when a guy gets attached to you right away and is clingy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no one answer to this question. There is the fact that yes, many guys can do this because they are self conscious or not usually very good with girls... Many guys that do this, however, depending on personality types (extroverts, mainly) it simply means they a, fell HARD and FAST for you, and simply dont want to let go of you, or b, they have felt that way for a LONG time, and out of respect for a current relationship, or out of sheer nervousness, never said anything... Men aren't always as straightforward as many people like to think of of depict them as. Some just feel very deeply for people, they may see in you more than you do in yourself, or maybe you're just one special chick... The best route may be to simply talk to him, and ask him why he feels so strongly for you, or why he became so clingy, etc

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Where he at I want one lol it means u got them wrapped around your finger oops lol but treat him right hunny

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• This one is a tough one cuz I have mixed emotions when it comes to this sometimes when people get attached right away and clingy I think there might be a little crazy but sometimes you just click like that sometimes it just really really like you talk to them and watch them and you'll see which one they are if they really like you that's a good thing but just a little crazy run LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he's insecure and not happy with himself and so has attached his self worth to women. Best to leave him, or you'll start to hate him. He needs to experience a few rejections to start building the confidence he lacks.

2|0
    0|1
  • A broken Heart? Maybe.
    But sometimes humans with broken hearts are even 'clingy' or they can't trust easily. Learn about his past if he had previous someone else, if yes, than what happent. Basicaly learn if he ever had love in his past, if not. Than thats it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he thinks you're his soulmate, he messed up or been messed up before and doesn't want to screw this one up, you're his first, or that you're the only potential mate around in his mind

Just have a little talk about it and he'll probably chill out

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he lacks confidence and most likely has nothing going for him outside of having you, or any other lady as a potential partner. I know because I used to be this kinda guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's lonely. You should do what most people do. peel him off and sprint away, throw in some evasive maneuvre for good measure. It helps if you give a long drawn-out, mocking, high-pitched laugh, so he can hear the joy and relief you feel, solely from gaining physical distance from him, gradually fading into a silent, bitter-cold, yet familiar isolation as you pass beyond earshot, and out of his life never to be seen again.

(Sometimes if he listens closely, and the wind blows just right, he'll swear he can hear the faint echoes of your laughter ringing out down the colossal empty halls of his vacant soul.)

0|2
    0|1
  • Clingy = Desperate. Don't let it get any further forward or he will become jealous, controlling, possessive and there is a good chance he will be emotionally abusive too.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can mean he hasn't had much love in his life and he found something which is you someone he loves love don't take time Love is from what you feel in your heart it's not ran off of a clock

1|1
    0|0
  • Its not clingy. It means he just really likes you

1|1
    1|0
  • I’ve had to fight an impulsive feeling to want to, not get attached and clingy, but sometimes you like someone too much and too fast, too soon, and when that happens, you feel very binary; (1) hang out with her or (2) anything other than hang out with her... and (1) always genuinely feels like the best option. However, I think people need to give people a break, so what if someone is totally into you at first, it’s doesn’t mean it won’t fade away to a more normal and sane dynamic. However, if you are talking about way into a relationship, and attached and clingy, you probably have a mommas boy or a Co-dependent boy, who may still be afraid of a monster under his bead. Unless you want a mother/boyfriend type relationship, you won’t be happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably on the self-conscious side. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing on its own but it can be a warning sign.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably feels insecure and really likes you. Unless your idea of clingy is different from mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's either lacking confidence, lonely or absolutely smitten with you. Either way dont be too harsh on him because it could crush him, but at the same time dont let him cling to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He isn't usually great with girls or really really likes you.

1|2
    0|0
  • They can be dangerous and likely manipulative. Stay away.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's just excited and happy to be with u. It might not last long so I'd enjoy it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont even go their next minute they are moved in and won't leave

1|0
    0|0
  • I do that when I'm not into a girl but I don't want to hurt her feeling :D

0|0
    0|0
  • He might think that you might leave him for someone else, and is self-conscious.

1|0
    0|0
  • well if you too just start dating then hive him time dont rush but he must really like you

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Desperate and insecure. I had an ex like that and he stayed super clingy and was constantly texting me and hated it when I didn't reply back straight away. I'm quite independent but at first was flattered by the attention then the novelty worse off quickly.

1|2
    0|3
  • Yeah I'd say insecure and deeply emotionally not prepared for a relationship. Got into this situation a while back and it was emotionally draining for me. Don't see him.

0|2
    0|4
  • I'd say it means they have little experience and I'd run for the hills. The clingy ones are the types that get jealous and controlling.

1|2
    1|3
  • Run, run, run... He is insecure and will more than likely become possessive wanting you to be with him and only him.

0|0
    0|5
  • Desprate or manipulative
    Give it a try maybe he likes you for real
    But probably he will hurt you eventually

0|0
    0|0
  • He's desperate.

0|1
    0|2
  • Mommy issues

0|0
    0|0
  • He is in love

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd take time to understand him. Could be nothing more than him indicating interest and willingness to be with you. It's either flattering or terrifying but only time will tell. Act cautiously.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes