Why did I threw my life away?

I made the mistake of seeing a psychologist 6 months ago... the psychologist labeled me with a depression disorder (prelimanafy diagnosis). I t wasn't even neccasary to go i was so stupid for going... i had a gut feeling not to go but i did... and now im labeled for life... at only 26... im scared this will ruin my career... my traveling to the usa... my future kids anything... what can i do?
Updates:
preliminary

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You went for a reason. Whatever you were feeling made you think the trip was worth it even if you began to doubt yourself towards the end. It's a scary thing to have to face but it isn't the end of your life, just the start of a new way of living with it. If it's a preliminary diagnosis you might find you go back and they tell you that actually you're doing a lot better and there's nothing to worry about because you've tried a healthier diet, started doing a bit more excericse, picked up a new hobby etc. and it's helped improve your mood from where it was.

If there really is something wrong though then it's good you went to see them, my own Dad has been a sufferer now for years. It hasn't made him any less of a father and I'm incredibly lucky to have him in my life. I've had friends diagnosed with it in high school and though sometimes it strained our friendships, we're still talking, we still meet up, it hasn't degraded the quality of the relationships I have with any of these people and I'm sure your future kids, co-workers and anyone else you interact with will not see you as different for being 'labelled' with depression.

The label is what you make of it. Either it takes over your life or you use it fortify yourself to seek the help you need and pick your life up again so that it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • because it was 6 months ago... and i honestly still dont remember why i went

• Show All
    • Ah, see I didn't know that before now. She's one woman though, if somebody different evaluates you next or you request a second opinion the whole thing is wiped out. You can't change what cruel things she may have said but there's no reason to hang onto it or you prove her right about the anger issues and will end up giving yourself a lot more problems. Ask yourself has anything she said ever been or come true? Has it affected your life in any way since she said it? If you feel so strongly still complain and say she was rude and that you feel she twisted your words, if you don't want to complain and sort it then clearly the feelings aren't strong enough and you need to learn to let it go and move on with your life

• no it hasn't but im so stupid for going...

Most Helpful Guy

• No one will know unless you tell them though really. Do you feel like it helped? I don't think you need to worry about what others think but what you feel. I have coworkers who have had depression and they work with kids. It happens and it doesn't change who they are outside of that issue. They're great people. Don't worry.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• America doesn’t have a problem with people with illnesses like depression or anxiety.

You shouldn’t feel bad about seeking help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop worrying... This will throw your life away. Worry eats your happiness. if you're clinically "depressed" then so be it. The thing is I think you're more worried about being called one than actually feeling how it is to be depressed. Enjoy your life, do whatever YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO right now, and see some changes. Take one step at a time and REMEMBER, a label does not define what your life will be. Hell, Helen Keller was labeled as "deaf-blind", and she was. It didn't make her life go to waste. She didn't choose to be one. Did you choose to be depressed? NO? OKAY! Stop overthinking, and realize that it's not the end! You're only 26, (coming from a 16 year old random girl on the internet) and don't waste your life thinking so much of what you're supposed to do rather than doing it. Work on your dreams, little by little.

0|0
    0|0
    • yh but too be honest i wasn't depressed... i just THOUGHT i was

• Show All
    • Stop blaming yourself. And negative talk "so stupid" is an indicator that you blame yourself too much. Give yourself a break. Take care and give you so love! You'll be in my prayers

• no its bad case in my country if u went there is a huge stigma attached to that place

What Guys Said 2

• It'll only prevent you from doing something if it involves handling weaponry, so don't worry

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to disclose that to a company.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes