Why did I threw my life away?

I made the mistake of seeing a psychologist 6 months ago... the psychologist labeled me with a depression disorder (prelimanafy diagnosis). I t wasn't even neccasary to go i was so stupid for going... i had a gut feeling not to go but i did... and now im labeled for life... at only 26... im scared this will ruin my career... my traveling to the usa... my future kids anything... what can i do?
preliminary

33

Most Helpful Girl

• You went for a reason. Whatever you were feeling made you think the trip was worth it even if you began to doubt yourself towards the end. It's a scary thing to have to face but it isn't the end of your life, just the start of a new way of living with it. If it's a preliminary diagnosis you might find you go back and they tell you that actually you're doing a lot better and there's nothing to worry about because you've tried a healthier diet, started doing a bit more excericse, picked up a new hobby etc. and it's helped improve your mood from where it was.

If there really is something wrong though then it's good you went to see them, my own Dad has been a sufferer now for years. It hasn't made him any less of a father and I'm incredibly lucky to have him in my life. I've had friends diagnosed with it in high school and though sometimes it strained our friendships, we're still talking, we still meet up, it hasn't degraded the quality of the relationships I have with any of these people and I'm sure your future kids, co-workers and anyone else you interact with will not see you as different for being 'labelled' with depression.

The label is what you make of it. Either it takes over your life or you use it fortify yourself to seek the help you need and pick your life up again so that it doesn't.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • because it was 6 months ago... and i honestly still dont remember why i went

• Ah, see I didn't know that before now. She's one woman though, if somebody different evaluates you next or you request a second opinion the whole thing is wiped out. You can't change what cruel things she may have said but there's no reason to hang onto it or you prove her right about the anger issues and will end up giving yourself a lot more problems. Ask yourself has anything she said ever been or come true? Has it affected your life in any way since she said it? If you feel so strongly still complain and say she was rude and that you feel she twisted your words, if you don't want to complain and sort it then clearly the feelings aren't strong enough and you need to learn to let it go and move on with your life

• no it hasn't but im so stupid for going...

Most Helpful Guy

• No one will know unless you tell them though really. Do you feel like it helped? I don't think you need to worry about what others think but what you feel. I have coworkers who have had depression and they work with kids. It happens and it doesn't change who they are outside of that issue. They're great people. Don't worry.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE