Why am I invisible to other men?

So I’m in my twenties and never had a boyfriend. I only have seemed to get my attention from dating apps and I don’t actually count that, considering a majority of those men only want to hook up. I have had female acquaintances tell me that men flock to them and they seem to get attention without a problem. However, I’ve always been invisible to men. I’d get hit on occasionally here and there by men I don’t find attractive in person. And I’ve had friends tell me that a guy would have a crush on me or find me appealing in some way, yet those guys never seemed to make it obvious to me. I’m told I’m pretty and attractive by men and women. When a few people hear I’m always single, they seem either shocked or weirded out. What is causing me to be a man repellent?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well no offense but, we have no idea what you look like. So really we can't say. Physical attraction is the one thing that most guys are looking for up front; no different from you obviously. If they don't find you physically attractive, most of us aren't going to bother. How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Cup size? Hair length? Smile much? Make much eye contact?

I'm just asking because all that stuff is important. Good luck out there.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5’7
      I’m in the mid-late 100’s, people say I’m thick and I don’t wear plus size clothing.
      I have long brown hair.
      C cup
      And smile much? No haha

• Show All
    • Okay. Well, if you think you can get a guy that you also find attractive at the size you're at, then you can stay as you are. But I *promise* you, as a guy, that when a girl loses a noticeable amount of weight (used to weigh 170 and is 5'7", now weighs 130 for example), guys start flocking to her.

• Thanks for MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• honestly I don't know you seem like a great person tbh. i guess some people just aren't very lucky when it comes to finding the right person. like i was in a similar situation until i was 19 and then after one relationship i was being approached by lots of people who'd be interested in me. i think you just need a bit of luck and perseverance tbh

1|0
    0|0
  • You're not a man repellent. You're just picky. And that's perfectly fine. It just means you know what you want and you automatically filter out the guys that don't meet your criteria. Other woman experience the same thing as you when they start getting serious about what they want out of a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u r

0|0
    0|0
    • Uh, all females want attention. Because people want attention. There is no substantive difference between "girl" and "woman." They're the same thing.

• There is
      Your mom is a woman
      But ur girlfriend is a girl.

Your aunt and grandma is a woman
      Your friends and workmate are girls.

• What's the difference

• "men I don’t find attractive in person"
    You will be much happier when you seek out those that find you attractive, rather than seeking those whom you find most attractive but don't reciprocate.

In other words, you have unrealistic expectations.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to put yourself out there. You don't want the spotlight and do a good job of staying out of it.
    You even post anon on here!

You don't need to be centre of attention, but guys pass by you because you don't give them anything

0|0
    0|0
  • you are under the radar, maybe it's the places you hang around and the crowds also... you seem hot to me

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty hard to say. There are many possibilities. You could be coming off as boring (a good girl), even though you're not. Both men and women actually prefer rule breakers. You could be intimidating to guys if you're really hot. It could be random. You could be too antisocial, not putting yourself out there. What you should do is get honest feedback from as many people as possible on as much as possible of you. This takes courage, but remember, at the end of the day, everyone is different, and those are just opinions. But it could throw the light on some of your blind spots.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've barely ever had any kind of attention on dating apps, let alone in real life. I'll probably die a kissless hugless virgin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you are Anonymous

1|0
    0|0
  • Because your shy

0|0
    0|0
  • Those men think you're ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • your friends think they're friendzoned, that's why