Can he be too good to be true?

I started dating my boyfriend 8 months ago, we’ve been living 2 hours apart for about 4 of those months but see each other once a week or sometimes even twice. At the end of the summer I will be returning to college and we will get to see each other everyday. I’ve had a couple seriously bad long term relationships, one of which (the worst and most abusive one) I ended just a few weeks before meeting my boyfriend. So far everything has been perfect between us. He is sweet, shy, a little awkward like me, and sometimes I feel like we have this weird connection that nobody else can see. We’ve never fought or disagreed on anything, and more often then not are thinking/wanting the same thing as one another. We take turns making the drive to see each other. We take turns taking the other one on dates. He does all these small little things that mean SO much to me even when we can’t be together as often as we’d like.

My fear is is that there is something I’m missing. I don’t feel like anybody can be this good to me, and honestly nobody ever has before. I’m afraid it’s all just going to fall apart one day out of nowhere. I’m so used to people leaving or hurting me that I feel like I’ve tried to step up and be 100% perfect all the time. It’s not that I’m being fake towards him, everything I do and say is genuine, but I also tend to go out of my way constantly to be the perfect girlfriend and to do everything I possibly can right. I’m so afraid somethings going to change, and I’ve honestly never loved or felt what I do with him. It’s so different and seemingly simple with him. There is no jealously when we are apart, we both have our portaions of our lives that are separate and we are okay doing our own thing when apart, but our lives when we are together seem so much better then anything I’ve ever experienced in a relationship. How do I get over the fear that I’m going to loose him when that isn’t even the case right now?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Love, you need to understand that not all guys are out there to hurt you. He sounds like a good guy, and congrats on being together for 8 months! That's awesome, it's good to see couples out there growing with each other.